Avada Forums Community Forum filter products by attribute widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I have created single product attributes required for my store, and added the attributes in the products sidebar widget section. Nothing shows, the side bar remains completely empty. Then everything appears.A few hours later everything disappears again.
    Can anybody shed some light on what might be causing this?
    I will very much appreciate help on this. I have added another plugin for the same job which works fine, but the design is very un appealing, the Avada equivalent is beautiful design, when it is functioning.I very much wish to have the Avada product attribute widget to work for my website.

missnadibo
    Participant

hello again,
    anybody else experiencing this?

filter products by attribute widget, nothing shows in the sidebar?
    can somebody help?
    thanks

missnadibo
    Participant

hello again anybody?

missnadibo
    Participant

well i guess i give up, the third party plugin works better than the Avadas own plugin, more stable and always yields results. Goodbye Avada product attribute filter.

Torakichi
    Participant

I have same issue. Can anyone reply how to solve it?

Michael C
    Keymaster

What widget are you referring to? You said this:

well i guess i give up, the third party plugin works better than the Avadas own plugin, more stable and always yields results. Goodbye Avada product attribute filter.

Avada does not include a product attribute filter widget. So without further details it would be impossible for anybody to help. Furthermore, please check the top of the forum. This forum is for user to user discussion, not a source of official support.

Note, if you are using a product filter from WooCommerce, the widget has to be on a page which can actually be filtered. For example on a product category page. Having it on a single product page or a page with shortcodes will not show anything because there is nothing in the page to be filtered. Also note, this is official WooCommerce and not specific to Avada in any way.

missnadibo
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for the reply.

I have taken a screen shot showing the widget i am referring to but there is no option to upload a screen shot any more.
    It is a widget called Filter Products by Attribute, it is in the available widgets.
    I have inserted it in my products sidebar, it worked for half a day, and then it stopped working and nothing shows.

I am now using Themify – WooCommerce Product Filter and product attributes show

Furthermore, for small issues such as this, there should be some community help.
    I am in forums with much less members and somebody offers help.
    On Avada forums nobody ever replies.
    I have 3 websites and i have purchased separate AVADA theme for each site. I do not wish to purchase 3 separate support as well unless there is a serious issue.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @missnadibo,

That will be a core WordPress widget. You would be better off asking about that in the WooCommerce forum. Please also note the parts I already mentioned though. That widget will only work on archives of products which can actually be filtered. Also note, that is completely separate from Avada. https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-widgets/

Regarding screenshots the best idea would be to use a tool to take a screenshot, upload that and then share the URL rather than embedding directly (most tools you can download take care of both aspects).

Please also note, you would not need 3 separate support licenses, only 1. You can also try the Facebook community for help in addition to the forum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.