Home Forums Community Forum Error Message A non-numeric value in. class-avada-scripts.php on line 1198

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve just updated a site from v4 to v5 and I have a warning across the top about class-avada-scripts.php on line 1198.

the full message is

A non-numeric value encountered in /home/wingrove/domains/salvation-films.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/class-avada-scripts.php on line 1198

I’ve deactivated all the plugins and there was no change Ive changed the theme and it disappears irrespective of plugins being active or not.

anyone come across this problem and as its a warning should I be worried. I’ve got all green on the system status report.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @paulst

You have active theme support and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

hurgl
    Participant

Hi, have the same problem after updating my PHP version to 7.x.
    This seems to be a general problem in Avada as I see it on many other sites, just Google the warning message. Please come up with a solution to this quickly. Thank you.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi hurgl,

You also have grandfathered support. If you still have errors here please create a support ticket – https://theme-fusion.com/support/submit-a-ticket/

Judging by the line reference, the problem will be an invalid value set for the sidebar_break_point option in the Theme Options.

Pascal
    Participant

Having this same problem and can’t find solution to this problem. Can you please help!

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @passij

You have active Grandfathered theme support and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you.

Thank you kindly

p1xel
    Participant

I had this problem after updating Avada from 4.03 to 5.8 and setting PHP Version to anything higher than 5.62. Resetting Fusion cache fixed this issue for me ūüôā

mammalalien
    Participant

I saw this error after updating from 4.0.3 to 5.8.0/5.8.2.

Seeing Michael C’s comment that this would be due to an invalid value in a Theme Options setting reminded me of the cardinal rule:

After every update, always: 1) Save permalinks. 2) Save Theme Options.

In this case, just going into Theme Options and hitting save cleared the problem up for me. This has also worked for me when Font Awesome icons have been broken after an update. Evidently the settings stored in Theme Options aren’t automatically updated as the new theme version is installed and you need to refresh them manually.

Ecomm Juice
    Participant

Solved by downgrading PHP version to 7.0. You can do it if you have access to your hosting control panel.
    By the way, it’s an issue that shold be solved by the Avada guys.
    Cheers!

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @mikelzab

Avada is compatible with PHP 7+ there is not need to downgrade your PHP version. You have active Grandfathered theme support and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you.

Thank you kindly

GRLake
    Participant

@mammalalien +1 thank you
    After every update, always: 1) Save permalinks. 2) Save Theme Options.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.