Avada Forums Community Forum Empty line at the beginning of a text box

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Inside a column, I have a text block with text inside.
    When I inspect it in the browser I find that, in the beginning, there is an empty <p></p> block that I cannot find in the Avada editor and so I can’t find a way to delete it.
    Other text blocks on the same website do not have this problem.
    I already tried to delete the text block and the column that contains it and insert a brand new one but the empty <p></p> block shows again.
    Anyone can help me?

w3work
    Participant

I also have this problem inside my Posts.
    Above the normal text is an empyt p-tag and i dont know how to delete them

company.rau
    Participant

the same problem, in posts and widgets area.

company.rau
    Participant

I have tried to last version, but it doesn’t work.

kangaroo-media
    Participant

Same here unfortunately … the line break keeps coming back. In my case it’s in title elements, but as well in text elements.

Any solutions?

ewzaho
    Participant

I am also having this issue

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone.

This is a new thing that came with the WordPress 5.7 it seems and affecting a lot of different sites, you can read about it here => https://wordpress.org/support/topic/empty-spaces-after-wordpress-5-7-update/

Please try using this CSS code inside Avada > Global Options > Custom CSS Tab

p:empty{
    display: none !important;
    }

Thanks

-Ammar

kangaroo-media
    Participant

Thanks Ammar, this helps a lot! Not only the CSS snippet, but the information that this is WP-related and will hopefully be fixed in a near-future release.

Daniel

benjaminblue
    Participant

Hi Ammar,

I am having this issue, but the p tags often wrap other elements, like a img inside a WYSWYG editor. Is there any updates on this? The CSS :empty doesn’t work in my case.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Benjaminblue

This was never an Avada issue and was actually resolved by WP it seems, however if you are seeing something similar, please make sure the tag is either not manually placed or if its coming from some other 3rd party plugin? also please try using a different theme to see if its coming there as well or not.

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.