Avada Forums Community Forum Duplicate H1 Tags on every page

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure whats causing this, or if it really is as big an issue as I think. For some reason, every single one of my pages is registering “duplicate h1 tags” via SEMrush.com, and this can be verified with the Moz toolbar. A page inspection shows:

<h1 class="title-heading-center"></h1>
    <h1>News And Information</h1>

Moz toolbar says the H1 tags are ” (dot) News And Information”, meaning it IS registering an H1 title that is essentially empty, or blank and then the true H1 title. Now if the O’Mighty Google disregards the first and only uses the second it’s “no harm, no foul”. I, however, cannot verify that Google will do that.

Can anyone else verify this IS or IS NOT an issue on their site so I can continue the hunt for the fix, or give up and file a support ticket, please?

tomol012
    Participant

I found your post as I had the same problem. Empty heading are an issue in terms of WCAG requirements.

I found out what’s causing this. In the “Title” element in Fusion Builder in the second tab – “Design Option” – you can and have to choose heading level. Default is H1. I wanted to have H2 but didn’t notice the options in second tab so in the text editor I chose H2. Changing to paragraph text in the text editor and choosing H2 in the second tab solved this.

This is hugely misleading that you get a full text editor where you can choose the heading level. Themefusion should fix this, in my opinion by removing the full editor leaving only a plain text box. This is a heading we’re talking about, there will be no bullet list there.

bestws
    Participant

Dear tomol012,

I am having the same Duplicate H1 problem with the AVADA theme, which uses Fusion Builder. I only have one H1 Header per webpage, and all other Headers on on each webpage are H3 and smaller, which did not fix the problem for Duplicate H1s.

Therefore, since this is a problem everyone using AVADA with the Fusion Builder is having today, can you post a detailed explanation for how to fix this problem with screen shots so everyone can reproduce what you did to fix the problem?

For instance, If I open the WordPress Dashboard -> Fusion Builder -> Settings, I do not see the setup you are discussing above. Also, if I open WordPress Dashboard -> AVADA -> Theme Options -> Typography -> Headers Typography, then I am also unable to find the settings you discussed here either. Therefore, where are these settings found for fixing the Duplicate H1 problem?

Your post will be invaluable to everyone using Fusion Builder.

Thanks,

Scott
    scott_best@sibersci.com

jstoops989
    Participant

Scott, the setting he referenced are in the actual Title/Text object elements on the page, not in theme settings.

For example, find one of your offending H1 pages, go to the title element. On the first visible tab (the text editor), you will see the title, and in the top-left drop down I am willing to bet the text type says “Heading 1”. That MUST ALWAYS be set to “Paragraph”. To get proper recognition for SEO checkers, switch to the second tab of the element (design I think) and there in the box select, choose “H1”.

Hopefully, this helps solve your issue.

bestws
    Participant

Dear jstoops989,

I received your reply, and let’s take one of my offending pages as an example. It would be great if I could paste screenshots into this, but TEXT is all that is available. One picture is worth a thousand words.

Regardless, let’s look at https://sibersci.com/contact/ as the example. The Fusion Builder window is open for the page, and the LEFT COLUMN has the only H1 heading on the page, seen as follows:

Contact SiberSci, LLC today to discuss your project:

I can RIGHT CLICK Element Settings for that text box, and the Text Block opens showing this text in HTML format in the Visual pane, and I can also see it as raw HTML In the Text pane:

<h1>Contact <span style=”color: #800000;”>SiberSci, LLC</span> today to discuss your project:</h1>

Where do I make the changes you discussed? Can you send me a few screenshots to clarify these instructions at scott_best@sibersci.com?

jstoops989
    Participant

So I just went to create a short video showing you what I was talking about, but I discovered you cannot make the mistake the way I did anymore. To me, this means that Themefusion did, in fact, fix the issue as I experienced it, and you are either stuck in a situation where the update locked the error, or you have discovered a new issue altogether.

It is important to note that with my issue, one of the duplicate tags was blank. I did not actually have duplicate H1 objects on the page, but instead the one title was being encased in two different header tags.

Try creating a new title element to replace the old one. If your theme is up-to-date and patched the issue should resolve itself. If the issue persists then you are experiencing a different problem.

crowcanyonsw
    Participant

I’m having this issue also, both Yoast and SEMRush are telling me there are two h1 tags, but I cano only find on in the source code. How can these tools find two in the first place? Is there code on the page beyond the source code when you right click on “View source code”?

Here is one page as an example:
    https://www.crowcanyon.com/sharepoint-applications/sharepoint-work-order-tracking-system/

projoseph
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I had the same issue and figure it out. What a time saver this was reading the post.

crowrgatherllc
    Participant

Hey so could anybody help me with this? I have the same issue, I checked the design tab and text block for my websites page. Still couldn’t find the duplicate h1 title.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Crowgatherllc

You have a valid support with our theme, can you please open a support ticket so our team can assist you with the issue?

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.