Avada Forums Community Forum Drop down menu showing behind page content

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m running the most up to date version of Avada and noticed that my drop down navigaiton menus are now showing behind the main page container.

Any idea what I can try to fix this?

best,
    Craig

TTRDesigns
    Participant

I got the same issue and have tried everything the web has supplied and still nothing different.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone

You will need to simply go ahead and increase the z-index value of your container in which the menu is placed, if you are seeing this issue there is a big possibility that you are using custom header using our layout creator and the z-index value inside the design tab needs to be changed.

Thanks

-Ammar

soula
    Participant

Can you please explain how to change z index (in not so developer language!). Thank you.

germars
    Participant

Did you figure this out? I see there is no answer. Having the same issue.

Metro
    Participant

It’s not complicated 🙂

– Open the container settings (in which the menu is placed)
    – Go to the Design tab
    – Change the z-Index value to a higer number, try 152

The z-index property specifies the stack order of an element. An element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order.

ombreinluce
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have the same problem with the mobile menu and the submenu and growing the z-index doesn’t resolve. I downloaded the Avada Lifestyle demo content and kept the same settings but it doesn’t fix the same. please give me another solution

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @ombreinluce

The z-index should solve the issue of menu / submenu going behind the content, however in many cases it could be a possibility that the container below have higher z-index manually entered, if that is not the case you still have a valid Grandfathered Support and should be able to open a support ticket with us following the link below.

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

danitxu
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I’ve had the same problem like you. Two things to do:
    * Choose the container in which the menu is; not another one.
    * Give it a high z-index (in my case 10 is not enough, 40 yes).

CyberdogDesign
    Participant

Thanks Ammar. I had this exact problem and as you advise, setting the container’s z-index at 9999 fixed it for me.

However I find it strange that in a big premium theme like Avada, when you as developers replace a simple but functional legacy header design function you really want to ensure that the new system works as expected. I know about z-index and could search for it to find this page but if someone didn’t they’d be tearing their hair out. So if Avada knows I’m designing a header, which is very likely to contain a submenu, surely setting the z-index of any header to a default of 9999 is common sense? Might want to get back to the boys and girls in the back room about this one … 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.