Avada Forums Community Forum Do you also have problem with fusion builder?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Right now i cannot use avada because of fusion-builder. When try to open web, i see connection time out or http error 500. I disabled all plugins and the one which is responsible for it is fusion-builder.
    Even if all other plugins are disabled, as asoon as i active fusion-builder the site goes down, every single time. Only thing i did in last days was avada path upgrade.

I wonder is some of you (users) have or had same problem? My support is expired, im not sure if i want to pay for another. These things just should work. Nothing but avada path was changed and it’s for sure fusion-builder fault.

IndigoL
    Participant

Hi,

I nearly lost my mind about a month ago when fusion-builder seemed to stop functioning. The site didn’t function. Somehow, the FB plugin was deactivated when I updated a non related Avada plugin. So, as silly as it sounds, I would confirm that fusion-builder is active.

How did you do this update: “avada path upgrade”? What version were you running prior to the update (and are you on the latest version now?)

Have you confirmed your host hasn’t made any changes to the hosting environment.

The requirements for current version of Avada are listed here: https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/getting-started/requirements-for-avada/ … Using PHP 7 does make a difference, as does making the changes below to the PHP.ini file (or better yet, ask you web hosting company to do it. I made the changes and still had to call. My host blocks the changes but is willing to make adjustments for you if you call. Go figure.)

Recommended settings:

max_execution_time 180
    memory_limit 128M
    post_max_size 32M
    upload_max_filesize 32M

Take a look at System Status, which is under the expanded Avada menu, and see how your setup compares to the recommended.

I hope I haven’t wasted your time with these thoughts, but they are the first to come to mind.

Best,

Indigo

easierone
    Participant

I upraded Avada to 5.5.2 and then I made these upgrades by fustion patcher:

May. 24, 2018
    Avada
    Fixes privacy embeds translatable strings and cookie argument filter.

May. 25, 2018
    Avada
    Fixes string translations for privacy embed placeholder text.

May. 30, 2018
    Avada
    Template files update for compatibility with WooCommerce 3.4.1.

Jun. 6, 2018
    Avada
    Fixes missing Google Play Font Awesome icon.

Your post was very helpfull. I’ve done some changes like: clearing and optimizing my database by plugin wp optimization. I also increased some values of php. In system status i found record: PHP Max Input Vars: 1000 which is 1920 recommended, so i added it to these settings from you. For the moment it’s done only by my side. Now ill try to contact my provider. Unfortunately right now im using: PHP 5.6.30-0+deb8u1 and MySQL 5.5.55.

All things i done works for now, but it looks like: 1 hour is everything ok and then get blackout for 10 minutes.

Kind regards

easierone
    Participant

and couple hours later, site is down for longer time. Impossible to work. Still waiting 4 response from my server provide. Meanwhile do you have any other ideas how to fix it? Is it normal that site works fine for couple of hours and then just going down?

By normal i mean shoudln’t be down all the time if there is fusion-builder problem?

IndigoL
    Participant

Hi,

No, it’s not normal. I’m not sure it’s Avada so much as a PHP/SQL conflict. (I am not an expert in this, so please take the last statement with a grain of salt, or two.)

I did find this interesting post on “PHP throwing out an error version mismatch with MySQL plugin” on Stack Exchange: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/369927/php-throwing-out-an-error-version-mismatch-with-mysql-plugin.

Did you deactivate WP-Optimize after you let it run? It may be adding to the site’s issues at this point. (Several users report it taking their site or content down.)

Unfortunately, I have no fresh thoughts. Depending on the size of your site and the date of its last back up, you may want to restore the site to the last working backup. It sucks, but sometimes it’s the only way to move forward (I have some personal experience in having to do just this). I wouldn’t contemplate this until your hosting company upgrades your PHP and possibly MySQL to see if this resolves the issue.

I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Indigo

easierone
    Participant

Thanks 4 response. I deleted WP Optimization like you said. I’ve also updated by SSH my VPS server from php 5.6 to 7.0.
    Shell php -version returns: PHP 7.0.30-1~dotdeb+8.1 (cli) ( NTS ), anyway in wordpress system status i still see “PHP Version: 5.6.36-0+deb8u1.” Is there anything else i should do? Or is it just WP delay?

My site for now works just great, and i didnt see memory leak since couple of hours. So im pretty sure it’s working on php 7.0, but wonder why wordpress shows 5.6.36.

I have also one another question about W3 Total Cache plugin – installed it before, when was trying to fix memory leak. Dont know how about now keep or remove?

My MySQL is still 5.5.55 but i think i left it 4 now.
    kind regards

easierone
    Participant

so another day and here we go again. I have 600 user database so i really dont want to start my site over.
    I wonder if there is anyway to downgrade last fusion patcher actions?

IndigoL
    Participant

Hi,

Couple of ideas to look at:

Try turning off W3 Total Cache plugin. (after the last Avada update, WP Rocket, which is the cache plugin I was using, started causing problems: parts of the site would appear, disappear, return. I turned it off, and the problems went away.)
    Reset Theme Cache, Browser Cache, Server Cache And Plugin Cache
    Click on registration and confirm your theme token still has a green check. Sometimes it will disappear.
    Check the settings in the server’s htaccess file. It there a setting there that is telling WP to access the earlier version of PHP.
    Check the error log on the server. Is it indicating any PHP or DB errors.
    If the system status is still showing PHP5, call your web host company.
    Confirm you have only one Avada folder present in the Theme folder.
    If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme. Does the problem still exist?
    On the parent theme, wwitch to the child theme of Avada; login to your themefusion account. Click on Avada Plugins. Download Fusion Core and Fusion Builder and reinstall through the plugin upload of WP.
    Try selecting a completely different and generic theme. Activate it. Review just homepage. (Scary I know.) Go to themes again. Choose Avada child. Activate. Review homepage. Everything should look back to normal.
    Find the date of the last working Avada, and restore site to that date. You may loose a few registered users but it’s better than 600.

Review all of the installation notes that start here: https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/install-update/avada-speed-performance/

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @easierone,

First thing, this is absolutely not normal and is also not a generic bug in Fusion Builder. As @IndigoL correctly pointed out, it will be a problem specific to your server environment and also the actual website set-up and content. The problem with that is there is not a simple solution or way of debugging what exactly is going on.

For that, the best solution is to contact your host. Your host can monitor and check what exactly is causing your server to go down. For example, if it is a recurring function, opcache overflow, PHP version related, memory, corrupted database, etc. These are all things your host should be checking and cannot be done from somebody else – especially in a generic forum thread. If your host does investigate and provide meaningful details then by all means post those here if you require further help.

Thanks

easierone
    Participant

thanks for your responses, i gave up and stared over.

1st thing i did was upg php to 7.0 and mysql to 5.6
    Everything looks just fine and fresh 🙂 Now i just need couple of hours or days to rebuild some things i lost.

Kind regards

easierone
    Participant

so, right now – only 2 months later, fusion builder makes my website unworkable again. There is a huge memory leak and cant fix it. Truning it off makes site work great but there is only lot of code there.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @easierone

We have reached out to you just now so that we can take a closer look at your install and investigate this for you, please check your email inbox for our email.

Thank you kindly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.