Avada Forums Community Forum custom css not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m having all sorts of errors with header images not changing and custom css (made in avada or child theme) not taking any effect. I’m on a fresh install of Avada (5.6.2) on WordPress (Version 4.9.8) and all sorts of stuff is already going wrong in making small changes. I’m hosted on wpengine.

How to fix this? Is this a caching issue or server or something else?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi there

Please note that your support ticket has been replied to in detailed and that our support team does not provide theme support via the community forum. If you have any further questions or need assistance please reply to the support ticket

Thank you kindly

tsium
    Participant

I have the same setup Avada (5.6.2) on WordPress (Version 4.9.8) and I’m also having issues with my custom CSS changes not being picked up.

It requests: https://<site>/wp-content/uploads/fusion-styles/f2c74820f1c2e6497877ab3cd5c545c0.min.css?ver=4.9.8

if I hit this in the browser it doesn’t include my changes. If I remove the ?ver=4.9.8 it DOES show my changes (the latest version). I have cache disabled on my Network tab (of developer tools).

What can I do to ensure it gets the most up-to-date version?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @tsium

You have valid and active theme support, please create a ticket using the link below and our team will gladly assist you with this.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

Humlington
    Participant

And if we don’t have a support subscription? Any help? Or we have to buy it…….?

danmaxwell
    Participant

Another person having this same issue. Support ticket submitted.

oscarjaramillo
    Participant

I had the same problem and i solved it adding !important after css code. Like this:

.boton360
    {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

WordPress gives priority to this code and overwrites the previous one

franrbusch
    Participant

I have the same issue and even with !important at the end is not working.

o0Loiter0o
    Participant

I was having this same issue for weeks. I thought that my CSS selectors were wrong, except that sometimes the CSS would load and sometimes it wouldn’t. I finally decided to try something new and installed a separate plugin for custom CSS (there are several for WordPress – mine is called something like Custom CSS and JS). Now my CSS works perfectly (still requires !important). I also noted a significant decrease in my time to first byte on Google PageSpeed Insights. I suggest removing all custom CSS from the Avada custom CSS module and moving it elsewhere.

gtct001
    Participant

At this point, I’ve stopped using custom CSS in theme options, it only works about 50% of the time anyway. I’ve just been using the default WordPress additional CSS in appearance > customize. I thought the problem was me for a long time and I spent hours trying to get the classes that I wrote to appear. Often times they wouldn’t work. Other times they’d be overwritten by something else. I can copy/paste a class in Avada custom CSS into the WordPress CSS field and it works every time (so far!).

jesah
    Participant

Clear your browsers cached images and files. And do it every time you update your CSS.

I’ve been pulling my hair out for the past few days over this and came pretty close to throwing a chair out of my living room window.

By the way — people shouldn’t have to pay for support to get this troubleshooting tip. (Avada)

pinkgerbil
    Participant

Have had this problem since using Avada – it is very frustrating. Setting CSS to be from the database rather than the file (Theme options > Advanced > CSS Compiling method) sometimes that helps but others, like right now, it doesn’t.

We’ve moved onto Elementor for all our sites, I find it more reliable to be honest.

Ordi-Guide
    Participant

Same case for me.
    Avada are arguing that they have 5 stars, but their theme is full of bugs.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Ordi-Guide

There is no such issue with our current version of theme right now unless you are not running our current version that is 7.2.1, I see that you have filed in a support ticket already and its in queue, it will be responded very soon by our customer depart so please wait for our response, we will get back to you very soon.

Thanks

-Ammar

Nathalie75
    Participant

Hi,

I had lots of problem with CSS not working (with child theme and Avada options > Custom CSS – plugin “simple custom CSS” is working like a charm though).
    With 7.2 the child theme seems to work much better but to make it work after an update, you have to change the functions.php file of your child theme.
    You can find all informations about it here (after logging in)
    https://theme-fusion.com/support/submit-a-ticket/#collapse-1-829842

For those who can’t log in, this is the new php snippet (replace the old one with this one):
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’, [] );
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’, 20 );

(@Ammar: I don’t think this code is in the public documentation. It’s a pity, it’s very important)

Thanks to the avada team for their great work – I think Avada is a very reliable theme with very few bugs in comparison to the many features that each new version brings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.