Home Forums Community Forum custom.css does not work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,
    i have an issue with my links. I would like to have another color for a active link.
    Where i can change it? custom.css with my css is:

a:active {background-color:green !important!;}

but this has no effects.
    Thanks in advance.
    Donato

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @d-carlucci

You have valid support and because our support team does not provide support via the community forum, please create a ticket using the link below and our team will gladly help.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

JBurns1120
    Participant

It is getting a little annoying seeing this message telling people to open a ticket. There should be a forum somewhere because many of us are having the same issues with this theme. I was excited to buy and use this theme but this particular css issue is driving me crazy and waiting for a reply is driving me even more crazy!

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @d-carlucci,

The syntax you listed has an issue. This could be one reason your code isn’t working (there could be more issues).

This forum isn’t the best place to ask general CSS or HTML questions. And, there’s plenty of documentation on the web for you to check your syntax. I would hit up Stack Overflow for general CSS questions. For CSS documentation, try MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) and CSS-Tricks.

I’ve prepared a CodePen that shows the correct syntax and usage for !important rule. See the bottom example in the CodePen.

https://codepen.io/marklchaves/pen/rXGwZo

Good luck!

Hi @jburns1120,

Did you have a specific question?

fkaraali0glu
    Participant

Hi friend, same issue here. I read your answer and try some things, but the code didnt work, im using partial custom css for just one page but not working. (avada last version)

Here is my css :
    .custom-link-class {
    a {
    outline: none; !important
    text-decoration: none; !important
    padding: 2px 1px 0; !important
    }

a:link {
    color: brown; !important
    }

a:visited {
    color: yellow; !important
    }

a:focus {
    border-bottom: 1px solid; !important
    }

a:hover {
    border-bottom: 1px solid; !important
    }

a:active {
    color: green; !important
    }
    }

am i writing something wrong? any idea? Thank you.

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @fkaraali0glu,

Thanks for asking.

If CSS isn’t working, the main offenders can be:

1) The syntax is wrong (invalid).

2) The CSS isn’t installed correctly.

3) There are conflicting CSS rules that override or take priority (i.e., you’re not overriding the correct classes or there are inline styles you just can override with CSS alone).

4) You haven’t saved your changes or purged all of your caches.

The first thing I see with your example, is that the syntax is **not** right. You can’t “nest” CSS rules (unless you’re using a pre-processor CSS language like Sass that you’ll compile later).

Here’s a live demo that has Avada link code taken from the Classic demo site. Feel free to use the CSS examples in there as a guide.

https://codepen.io/marklchaves/pen/GRvryWx?editors=1100

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.