Avada Forums Community Forum ConvertPlus Needs to be Updated Again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi There –

It looks like ConvertPlus needs to be updated again. The developer releases updates regularly and I generally like to keep my site and plugins nice and updated for security and sustainability purposes.

It looks like the update has been released on both WordPress and CodeCanyon/Envato (https://codecanyon.net/item/popup-plugin-for-wordpress-convertplug/14058953).

Unfortunately the update is not coming through in the Avada plugins admin section so I can’t update my site.

Is it possible to start incorporating more regular updates of ConvertPlus into the Avada update process?

Thank you,
    JG

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

The plugin was updated on CodeCanyon only today. Additionally, we have to check the version release for compatibility before we can release it. This particular update is also very minor, as can be seen from the changelog – https://www.convertplug.com/plus/changelog/. If it were a security update that would be different.

As always, we will release the update for this once it has been checked for compatibility by our team. If you require instant updates you also have the option of buying a separate license for the plugin itself.

Thanks

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @justingreis

Also, to add here, all Avada bundled plugins (Convert Plus included) can be updated independently and outside of an Avada theme update. The update notification will be visible and can be accessed via the Avada > Plugins section -> https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/plugins/avada-required-and-bundled-plugins/

Thank you kindly

JustinGreis
    Participant

@Michael C – The 3.4.1 of ConvertPlus was released on 2/27/19 so it has been a few days. This one is not a major release but I have waited weeks in the past for this particular plugin to be updated with important functionality. It always seems delayed and multiple versions have gone by in the past before an update came through the Avada > Plugins section. I definitely understand the compatibility testing with the theme – and appreciate you guys doing that before releasing it to the wild.

@Michael
    – I am aware the plugins can be updated independently through the Avada > Plugins section, and take advantage of that feature, but the update must still be pushed out by ThemeFusion for it to appear there and ConvertPlus tends to take longer than other plugins. I’ve heard various explanations for this in the past (e.g. developer doesn’t release it on CodeCanyon until later) but that never seems to jive with what I see on the developer’s site or on CodeCanyon. Again, not a huge deal here; just a minor inconvenience for someone trying to stay current on the plugin and theme updates.

Thank you.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @justingreis

I response to your response to Michael C, with regard to the Convert Plus specifically, for unexplained reasons the authors of that particular plugin have for the past few months been releasing version of the plugin outside of the CodeCanyon marketplace and not making the same releases available via CodeCanyon as per the changelog. This is not only frowned upon it is problematic for any theme author that bundles this plugin with their theme.

The plugin is on sale via Codecanyon, it is bundled by many Themeforest theme authors, and the update and compat checks should be inline with their CodeCanyon release cycle.

And, as Michael C has started, once released we need to confirm compatibility etc before pushing the button, unless it is a critical release, and it can take a little bit of time.

Thank you kindly

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @justingreis,

3.4.1 has now been updated. Regarding the update date, I was referring to the code canyon page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.