Avada Forums Community Forum Blurry background image

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi @serialbagmakers,

And, that’s the most obvious place to check first. It’s best to crop/resize/optimise before uploading. Then, for background images the full size can always be selected. Thanks for the reminder! 🙂

The default size is usually to what you used last. So, it’s not always at medium size.

I posted a quick video demoing the upload/insert process because the image size field is not always visible. Since it’s at the bottom right hand side of the page.

https://marklchaves.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Screen-Recording-2019-10-18-at-6.39.40-AM.mp4

Enjoy!

mballew8
    Participant

I got a reply from support confirming this, I’m new to Avada and have never had this experience before with a workpress framework, so for me it’s seems to still be an Avada thing, maybe something for developers to consider, seems you could select the images size for insert based on source image size.

mballew8
    Participant

For future reference, when inserting or updating a background image, when selecting image in library you must select the image sizing from Attachment Display Settings, drop down list Size before inserting into post.

GermanMazza
    Participant

@mballew8 @marklchaves It seems Avada has no more Size Attachment Display Setting, anyone with the same problem? I can’t choose image size and avada sets any image to 300×300 even if the image is 1600×1600

mballew8
    Participant

Avada decided that eliminating redundancy was more important than design flow, you need to go back out to media library and change size (lower right-side) and re-insert the image, the logic is that having the size selection function inside the framework is redundant, versus maintaining focus on ux

Matt
    Participant

I hope that whoever decided to remove the size selection function from the Add Media dialogue is publicly shamed for it. This is absurd. I’m STILL struggling to find the option and I’ve been using WordPress and Avada for YEARS.

Paola Ammannati
    Participant

This is the message found in the media … maybe that’s what you need:

SPECIAL NOTE: If you have updated to Avada 6.1.2 and it appears that you are experiencing issues like blurry images or images not showing, please make sure that you apply patch #417434 released after the update.

Paola

jakubsnm
    Participant

NOTE FOR AVADA:

In a container, if you have long content and don’t repeat the background image, the image expands to the whole height of the container. This causes the image to be blurry if you have a container with long content.

Avada has this setting for PAGE background images:

100% Background Image (Choose to have the background image display at 100%).

It would be helpful to have this setting option on CONTAINER background images as well.

mballew8
    Participant

I had contacted support about it, they didn’t mention a patch, maybe it was released since then

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @mballew8

This issue that is being discussed here has been fixed already via a patch, later on another update was released and a patch is not required anymore, anyone who is facing the issue of dropdown for attachment size not being available, please make sure that you are using Avada version 6.2.1

Here is a the changelog for latest version => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/install-update/avada-changelog/

However if your images are still blurry, that simply means that right image size is not being selected from the attachment settings and we have a very detailed article explaining this here => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/images/image-size-guide/#attachment

@jakubsnm

When a background image is set to container, a lot of factors come into play such as the content inside the container, the aspect ratio of image and the aspect ratio of the device its being viewed from so the image is way too small it will lose some of its clarity depending on content size, a more detailed document on this can be read here => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/images/how-background-images-work-in-avada/

Thanks

-Ammar

florosol
    Participant

AWESOME!!!! That helped me. Thanks!

mangosago11
    Participant

How do you manually adjust to the original size? Having the same blurry image issue.

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

Thank you for your help

Note that the Avada community forum is primarily for a user to user interaction.

If you would like hands-on assistance here, please register for support and create a support ticket as explained here → https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/getting-started/avada-theme-support

Thank you!

Shaminder

Sabrina Deixis
    Participant

OMG thank you so much. Have been playing with avada’s settings forever and you made me realize it was all WordPress’s fault!!!! Thanks a million!

Aurélien Mouliets
    Participant

Hi,
    It may not be entirely WordPress. It may also be the way Avada is taking into account background pictures.
    When selecting your background image, do make sure you select “full size” in the media settings.

If it fails, it may be because Avada uses the following CSS for background image containers:
    background-size: cover

This may distort and blur your picture.
    For instance, I have a container taking about the full height of a FHD screen (1920px). The uploaded background image is 1920x776px. This results in a very blurry background.
    To counter this, I created a Custom CSS class to counter the “cover”, but frankly, this should either be something we can tinker with in the options, or set to auto by default…

Here is the custom CSS to add to your Theme options:

/* background-size: cover images - override */
    .fullbg {
        background-size: auto !important;
    }

Whenever you have a container with a blurry background, enter fullbg in the CSS Class field. This should fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.