Home Forums Community Forum Blog Excerpts

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the Charity Demo as a template and blog/post entries on the Home page, when set to show excerpt, show Lorum ipsum etc, rather than initial content from the text of the blog. I can’t for the life of me find where it’s pulling from in order to change it. It will happily show full text and no text, as well as the correct photo and link to the blog item. Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,
    Lucien

migstf
    Participant

I’m unfamiliar with the demo content, but check the category of the posts you want on the front page match whatever the blog element is set to.

ClaremontLPS
    Participant

Many thanks for replying. Yes, I’m picking out only certain featured posts using a “Featured” category (took me a while to figure that one out!) and they display just fine, other than not including the real excerpts (when excerpts is selected as an option). They must be pulling the dummy text from somewhere but where?! And why not pull from the first lines of the post?

ClaremontLPS
    Participant

Found it!!! There’s a separate Excerpts text entry block, sitting below the main Portfolio page stuff and above the Custom Fields block. Problem sol-ved and I hope this helps someone else at some point…

paulb15
    Participant

Hi ClaremontLPS,
    I have the same problem with Avada pulling these ‘excerpts’ from somewhere but cannot find the setting you mention. Can you please say where it is?
    Thanks in advance.

WhistlingMarmot
    Participant

Hi everyone:

After repeatedly searching for documentation on this, it turns out WordPress’ own documentation has the answer.

To set Excerpts manually:

1. Open the Post you want to add the excerpt to
    2. Go to Screen Options pulldown in the top right (right below your username)
    3. Check Excerpts box to open the Excerpt text editor. This will be displayed below the Fusion Builder Content Box. If it helps, you can minimize Fusion Builder so the text box shows up higher on your screen
    4. Add your excerpt text, save/update your post.

Here’s a screenshot if it helps:
    WordPress Post Excerpt Settings

marklchaves
    Participant

Great post, WhistlingMarmot.

The screen options are always a big “gotcha”! Thanks for the excellent marked-up screen grab. I’ll refer people over to your answer when I see this question come up again. 🙂

paulb15
    Participant

@WhistlingMarmot

THANK YOU! You’re a star!

This just helped me solve the problem of Avada duplicating the Post Title in the excerpt text on the blog page. Headache solved = relieved guy.. 🙂

sararemus
    Participant

Hi there, I have read through this thread but cannot seem to get my “results” page to show any excerpts. I know this is pulling from the archive.

Blogs made in the Default Editor show text just fine. But now our Default Editor has been disabled with updates, thus making it impossible for me to feed the excerpts through.

sim9city1
    Participant

You’re a G***s F***g G*d Man! 1 screenshot resolve more than 1000 words, thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.