Avada Forums Community Forum Best way of filtering blog posts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there – I am trying to build a page something like this, which displays all my blog posts, and allows me to filter by category.

https://www.nousgroup.com/uk/insights/?capabilities=&sectors=&location=london

I can’t see any kind of Avada element or widget that does this out of the box, which seems surprising. Am I missing something? Can anybody recommend a good plugin that does this?

Thanks!

Stuart

piexii@hotmail.com
    Participant

Hello Stuart,

I’m also looking to do the exact same thing. I see this question popping quite often but never saw a solution yet.

Any luck yet?

Eric

novisibles@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi Stuart and Eric!
    I’m also trying to do de exact same thing… haven’t found any options to do it with the avada theme elements.
    Any progress? hints?
    Cheers,
    Adrian

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone

Currently we do not have any option for the blog filtering like you see on portfolio, however we do have an item for this and this will be a part of Avada in future 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

fishnyc22
    Participant

This can be achieved using the Avada Layouts and the Category “widget area” module.

HypedMarketing
    Participant

People have been asking this for years, and your message hwre from a year ago says its on the list for the future, whens it coming? You already do it on Portfolios so why not apply it to blogs???

Viking
    Participant

Is this still not possible?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Viking

This is an item that is being developed and is a WIP, however for now what you can do is use Tabs and then put a different blog category in each of the tab, you can use the tab top to act as category filters.

Thanks

-Ammar

LucDaenen
    Participant

Hello, can it be done by modifying the postcard element code or some custom code?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello There

We plan to introduce Filtering options for PostCard element soon, this will then allow our users to actually filter any post type based on postcards.

Thanks

-Ammar

LucDaenen
    Participant

That is promising but I now need to make it work, is there any hook or custom code that can help? I need to let users select different issues (taxonomy) then PostCard dynamically shows only the post related to that specific Issue, how to set “Include Issues” option of PostCard dynamically?

jusungk
    Participant

Checking in, @Ammar, is this in the near future? The filter for PostCards?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @jusungk

This feature has been already added into our latest upcoming version 7.8 however there is no exact ETA that can be provided for it right now (regarding release)

Thanks

-Ammar

FlorenceG
    Participant

@simaem
    That’s really exciting! I will definitely wait for this feature, instead of trying to work with another plugin. Is there anywhere we can drop feature requests for this? I know there’s no ETA, but are we talking weeks, months or a year?

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

7.8 is the next planned release that is being worked on. This would be released soon. As with all releases, it is hard to have definite timeline (Can be a matter of few weeks to a few months)

Thank you!

Shaminder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.