Home Forums Community Forum AVADA’s Huge Performance Problem

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

I can now routinely get performance in the high 80s for my Avada sites (v 7.4) – for pages including sliders and various other Avada features

And this was a BIG problem for me with prior versions!

I use WP Rocket and use that to minify css and js. Then I optimise Avada and use the search for recommendations when setting up critical css, and also use Avada for Lazyloading images

This typically gets me to around low 80s

Then remove any unwanted plugins and dequeue any plugin css I don’t need – gets it up to high 80s, which is good enough in SEO terms right now

Metro
    Participant

We now get up to 98 on desktop and up to 97 on mobile.

Custom icons and fonts, some features we don’t use are disabled, some of Avadas performance features are enabled and the WPO plugin is taking care of cache and css minifying.

Doom Rider
    Participant

All you do is idle chatter. I have been using Avada since 2013. As a result, I moved to Astra. Websites on Astra give me 100/100 when testing speed on Google. Sites on Avada do not give anything but a headache, even if it is a cloud server from Cloudways. Instead of tidying up the main CSS file, which weighs 1MB (lol) and is used in most cases by less than 5%, and add lazy loading that will load page elements only if the user interacts with the screen, you keep shooting yourself in the foot, keeping up with reassuring users that there is no problem, as if your users who pay you money were stupid and incapable of thinking for themselves. Keep reassuring everyone that Avada needs more new features. Those who understand the futility of your team’s appeals to reason have long since moved to Astra or GeneratePress.

Capture2

sfat.llc
    Participant

The latest version’s performance module helps to optimize Avada a little bit more (or sometimes more than a little). I hope this tool will be improved in the future but I’m afraid the main issue is completely untouched. Does Theme Fusion have any plans whatsoever to reduce DOM size? It is getting ridiculously out of control and I am pretty sure you can achieve the same functionality with far less DIVs upon DIVs…

Robert
    Participant

Looks like we have the same problem. 🙂
    But I get a better Desktop Score with your Theme and pass the Core Web Vital Test :p

(I use Avada Theme 7.4.1 + optimized Option + WP Rocket + Cloudflare)

The client example page is an Article with ~7.700 Word + 2 embedded youtube Videos & video box + 3 stockphotos + 1 infographic + a few infoboxes + a few list boxes + 1 button + 3 tables

Theme-fusion.com – Desktop (right click open in a new tab for the full size view)
    theme-fusion.com - Desktop

Theme-fusion.com – mobile
    Theme-Fusion - mobile

Client Site – Desktop

Client Site – mobile

Robert
    Participant

Any suggestion to get a better mobile score?
    (without deleting the content? :D)

I know, if you have an absolute minimalistic content setup you get much better results in mobile. But we all want more Google traffic, right…?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @enzocaputo

You have active support and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

Thank you kindly

uckunb
    Participant

I don’t believe you. You can never get %93-97 on Google Pagespeed for Mobile! What is your website?

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

Dear Community,

Since Avada 7.4, our website’s performance has improved substantially, but not without the following:

(1) We use a top-notch host (SiteGround)

(2) We use Perfmatters (performance plugin) to dequeue unnecessary JS and CSS assets and leverage second-to-none speed enhancing tools.

(3) We use SiteGround’s SG Optimizer (plugin) for superior caching, minification/combination of assets, and converting standard jpg and png images to webp images.

(4) We no longer use WP Rocket. Honestly, in combination with SG Optimizer, it created horrendous issues for our website. It took us a while to realize this, but finally dropped WP Rocket. Also, upon performing a clean uninstall/removal of WP Rocket, we noticed WP Rocket placed “spyware” deep in our database tables which triggered HTTP calls to WP Media. Yes, we were using a paid version (not nulled) of WP Rocket. Result: We got rid of numerous caching issues/conflicts with Avada and SG Optimizer. No more slowdowns and broken pages!

(4) We stopped using Cloudflare Page Rules and switched to Cloudflare’s Full Page Caching feature or “Workers” (via SG Optimizer)

(5) We performed a full audit of our performance-enhancing tools to make sure we’re not duplicating minification and combination of assets. (Avada, SG Optimizer, Perfmatters, and Cloufdflare offer same/similar minification/combination features. Eliminate duplication. For example, if you’re minifiying assets using SG Optimizer, do not minimize them in Cloudflare)

(5) Last, but not the least, we DO NOT use Avada’s Fusion or Flex Sliders. They will make your website look “cool” and beautiful, but they are resource hogs, will slow down your website, and they DO NOT help attract more customers. They are distractors, kill website performance, and destroy SEO performance. How do we know this? Live data collected over a period of 1-2 years demonstrates this. Instead, we used container elements combined with other design elements that offer “special effects” similar to the Fusion or Flex sliders.

Result? We went from a score of 80-97 to 98-100 (Desktop) and 55-65 to 80-85 (mobile).

So, unless you’re following the above guidelines (or similar), you can continue to expect poor website performance.

Don’t blame Avada. There are many other factors affecting your website performance.

One last useful tip . . . If you’re using Yoast or Rank Math to improve your SEO ranking and improve the number of sitelinks displayed for you website, do the following:

Index only the pages that provide value to your visitors and make sure your robots.txt file contains the proper directives that will tell Google, Bing, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo to scan only the pages/links you’d like to see displayed. For example, Google was spending 80% of the crawling bandwidth assigned to our website scanning our “Events” pages which are insignificant compared to other pages that needed crawling. A major bot-crawling software glitch. The minute we told Google to stop scanning our “Events” pages (via our robots.txt file), the number of sitelinks displayed for our websites increased from 0-2 to 4-8.

Now, if we had one or two major recommendations for ThemeFusion, they would be to find ways to reduce Avada’s DOM and HTML size – and – continue to refactor its code to eliminate dependencies that are causing “Unused JS and CSS” issues.

Hoping the above will help a bit.

Cheers!

Metro
    Participant

Our score is 93 mobile and 97 desktop

We use WP-Optimize plugin for cache, minify javascipt and css files

Custom fonts and custom icons
    Custom header and footer
    No Avada slider
    Disabled most of the elements we don’t use
    Some of Avada performance settings are enabled but most of them are disabled

allop24
    Participant

Hello Jetexpert – Envato,

Thanks for all of your commentary. I found it illuminating and frankly quite helpful. You mentioned an audit of your performance enhancing tools such as Avada, SG Optimizer, Perfmatters and Cloudflare. Can you give us insight on how you accomplished this. I have created a spreadsheet of my two active apps which are Avada and SG Optimizer and compared each so as not to duplicate the same activity. It is likely I will investigate Perfmatters for our sites. Keep up your presence on the forum. Thanks.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

Hi @allop24,

I appreciate your kind words. To cover each point I made above (with more detail) will take some time and effort. I recommend hiring ThemeFusion (they have a great support team), a developer at Codeable, or us. We can get you up and running fast.

On the other hand, since this is a support forum, best advice I can offer at this time is to: Use Avada’s Performance Wizard tool (skip lazy loading); activate all settings in SG Optimizer (skip lazy loading); and purchase/familiarize yourself with Perfmatters (use it’s preload and lazy loading, etc. features, they are great). Also, Perfmatters has top-notch support (Note: I am not affiliated with Perfmatters).

Also, when it comes to Cloudflare, deactivate most of its features or options. Mainly, use Full Page Caching (Workers) as set up by SG Optimizer and the essentials. Ignore the rest.

Last, as you know, trial and error testing with a staging site will help too. Especially when you have so many tools within your reach. Stick with webpagetest.org (best tester around)

I hope the above will help you further.

Cheers!

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.