Avada Forums Community Forum AVADA’s Huge Performance Problem

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Participant

here an example of a big site, a skyscraper site with lots of content.
    ~10k+ Content, Videos, Graphics & Stats.
    Avada flex always with small and close to nothing content on their Templates!

7.4. + WP Rocket + CDN Cloudflare + Good Hosting (btw 0 Speed Changes with 7.4.!!)

Mobile Score:

Desktop Score:

Robert
    Participant

and here for comparison a “small” article only ~2k Content + 3 Video + a few Tables:

Mobile Score:

Desktop Score:

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you want advice, post a link to the website. Screenshots of results demonstrate nothing without being able to check the content and setup. If you post a link then you can get advice regarding the content. Options in 7.4 need to be configured, it not just a case of updating and expecting to get scores in the 90s.

One big thing to mention is that LCP is based on content and server. You need to identify what the LCP is and then optimize the load for that. In the case of an image that means setting to skip lazy load, generating critical CSS to preload the image and deferring what else you can. You can find a video explaining parts of this – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1SA6D_PLWA. Optimizing the LCP is not an automatic process.

Thanks

mirandakat07
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice on my website : mamawithmaps.com

I am running the latest Avada and the performance update. I also have SG Optimizer and Perfmatters configured.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

gilliankok
    Participant

Totally agree!! I’m not very technical, but I’ve done everything I can and have been recommended to do to lighten up my site, but it’s still soooooo slow!!! Loading takes like 10 seconds, and now, after upgrading to Avada 7.4, the Avada Slider does not even work. It puts code on the page instead of texts!

See: https://www.conscious-alignment.com

I have recommended Avada to friends in the past, but now I regret that and will never do it again! I too am looking to switch to Astra. Avada is bloated, wants to be everything and ends up being nothing but heavy garbage!

And no support for things that break because of their updates? Free updates is not a positive if it breaks your site!

gilliankok
    Participant

Robert,
    How can I include screenshots in these posts?
    Thank you!
    gillian

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

@gilliankok,

When you create a new post (in this forum), Click on “img”, then enter the URL address of the screenshot.

Cheers!

bsahey
    Participant

Anyone able to make noticeable performance improvements with the latest performance options in 7.4 / 7.4.1? What worked and didn’t work for you?

KensingtonHill
    Participant

Yes, I have made good performance gains with the Avada updates. In fact I should give Kudos to them for this performance update because it has made a real difference.

KensingtonHill
    Participant

What I will say, it’s not fair to expect the unachievable from it, if you have image sliders, unoptomised images and a shed load of plugins then this update will not give you a miracle cure.

I have played with a couple of old sites, followed the wizard and acted on the suggestions (including creating new header / footers etc) and the results are positive and clear to see.

Metro
    Participant

Out lighthouse score is 96 Desktop and 92 Mobile. Pingdom Speed score is 94.The results are without cache plugin and server cache, no CDN and critical CSS disabled 🙂

– The Accessibility score is 95, however if Animation is disabled on mobile or disabled on both mobile and desktop the accessibility score drops to 86 on mobile (no speed improvement). Why…?

Difference ‘Image elements do not have [alt] attributes’

– Google fonts is offloaded. Is it better to upload custom fonts instead of using Google fonts?

tricky2014
    Participant

I find it pretty easy now (ie Avada v7.4) to get good scores on Lighthouse with Avada, though I was previously thinking of abandoning the theme because of speed issues

I can get around 87 for performance for a good graphic site with sliders and I’m not yet using next-gen images. High seventies is easy. I use WPRocket and no CDN and have around 20 Avada sites. i have struggled to get good scores until quite recently so I assume something has changed for the better

BUT I hope that Avada is working on reducing the Fusion CSS which is 1Mb minified and 95% unused! Hopefully they are, they have made lots of progress lately

Jum
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been playing with my Avada site for the last month or so since the performance wizard was release, It has improved my site a little bit (high 90’s on desktop, high 60s on mobile).

I am also unable to generate the Critical CSS. it goes through the motions but when complete nothing is generated. Has anyone experienced this?

I have tried turning all plugins off and still no change, i am wondering if there is something not configured on the server that need to get implemented?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @jumjummedia-com-au

You have active support and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

Thank you kindly

Jum
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I have just submitted a support ticket. I wanted to see if the community had a fix before annoying the support team.

Thanks,
    James

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.