Home Forums Community Forum Avada update errors – 8 patches to install??

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

My Avada support ended 1 month ago.
    I have updated to the latest version of Avada as was suggested by the Theme Fusion newsletter.
    I was not aware that I would need to immediately install 8 patches after the update.

My website was all messed up for 24 hours until clients started calling.

How can Avada do this?
    Why is there not a warning ahead?

What is Avada doing to avoid this in the future?

Greetings,
    Tomer

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Tomer,

If we knew about issues prior to release then we would not release. So your question regarding a warning ahead of time would not work. How could we warn about something that we are not aware of? We do always test updates prior to release, both in house and often with a beta program. Even with that, things can be missed, especially given the massive range of different setups and combinations which users have.

Regarding the actual patches, these depend on your setup and should not be critical bugs. If they were critical bugs then we would release another update. So although there are 8 patches, not all of them will be required or applicable, it depends on your setup.

Finally, if you do have a problem after update and do not have support, you can use the contact form to report a bug – https://theme-fusion.com/contact-us/

Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 days, 4 hours ago by Michael C.
    • This reply was modified 4 days, 4 hours ago by Michael C.
    generationnomads
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying Michael.
    I was just shocked by the issues, as I do expect that an update should work smoothly.

Of course, there are things that you cannot anticipate. However, I did not receive any further communication about it by email.
    I had to hear about it from a client and then log into wordpress to find 8 patches to install in order to fix the issue.

Thankfully the issues were resolved quickly.

Greetings,
    Tomer

generationnomads
    Participant

Have the issue been resolved now?
    After installing all 8 patches the issue seemed to be fixed, but now I am having even bigger trouble.
    My whole website is down.
    I cannot access the Wp-Admin anymore.
    Can you please update me on what is going on?

This is causing a huge damage to my brand and business.

generationnomads
    Participant

How can I downgrade to the previous version??
    I need this fixed immediately!

generationnomads
    Participant

[fusion_builder_container admin_label=”Generation Nomads” hundred_percent=”no” hundred_percent_height=”no” hundred_percent_height_scroll=”no” hundred_percent_height_center_content=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”no” status=”published” publish_date=”” class=”” id=”” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” padding_top=”60px” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”-35px” padding_left=”” gradient_start_color=”” gradient_end_color=”” gradient_start_position=”0″ gradient_end_position=”100″ gradient_type=”linear” radial_direction=”center” linear_angle=”180″ background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_blend_mode=”none” video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” video_preview_image=”” filter_hue=”0″ filter_saturation=”100″ filter_brightness=”100″ filter_contrast=”100″ filter_invert=”0″ filter_sepia=”0″ filter_opacity=”100″ filter_blur=”0″ filter_hue_hover=”0″ filter_saturation_hover=”100″ filter_brightness_hover=”100″ filter_contrast_hover=”100″ filter_invert_hover=”0″ filter_sepia_hover=”0″ filter_opacity_hover=”100″ filter_blur_hover=”0″][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none” last=”no” hover_type=”none” link=”” border_position=”all”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]

generationnomads
    Participant

Can I upload screen shots to display my issues?

generationnomads
    Participant

What is the phone number of Avada?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @generationsnomads

As per our discussion on Facebook Group, I have already sent you an email and will be getting back to you there, please continue further communication with me there on the email 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

heatherlsi
    Participant

This might seem obvious but did you update your fusion builder plugin too?

I found that I lost some setting in this ‘mess’ so I had to redo a few things…

generationnomads
    Participant

Hi Heather,
    Thanks for the input. Yes I did update it.
    I managed to get the site running now, but had to disable all my plugins.

Now I am trying to figure out which plugin the Avada 6.2 update isn’t working with.
    Is there a list of plugins that Avada 6.2 supports for sure?

I had Avada support team member check out my installation, he suggested I turn on the plugins one by one to figure out which one has an issue.
    In my opinion, this is an opportunity for Theme Fususion to fix the bugs in the new update.

Can Avada dev/support team do some further tests?
    I’ll be happy to provide a list of my plugins so that Avada can test why the new version is conflicting with a plugin while the previous version did not have any issues.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @generationnomads

As we are already assisting you on the tickets, I humbly request you to please communicate with me there and wait for our response as we work on RT basis, posting everywhere is only going to slow things down as I have to track your response everywhere instead of one place.

Thanks

-Ammar

generationnomads
    Participant

Sorry Ammar, I did not mean to slow down the process.
    I’ll keep communication in the ticket.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.