Home Forums Community Forum Avada Sticky Header on Scroll Up Only

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi There,

I am very new and I installed your plugin. How ever i am unable to see hide-and-seek header under setting. How do I go about using it. It shows that it has been installed and activated under plugin.

I believe i have the latest Avada version.

Thank you so much.

jahansg
    Participant

Hi There,

I am very new and I installed your plugin. I am able to change the setting. How ever it does not work. I am unable to see menu on scroll up. Could you please help.

I believe i have the latest Avada version.

Thank you so much.

jahansg
    Participant

Solved, I did not have sticky menu on:-)

Burt
    Participant

Hi Jet

I just had a look at the page where the menu now only stick when scrolling upward but I got to ask..

What’s the idea? Why you need me to scroll up to be able to access the menu? I thought the idea of having it sticky is that it is there all the times..

While I’m here. Does anybody know when will it be safe to install version 7.+ of Avada? I don’t want to go through what I had to experience with the previous 2 major updates. Is that really worth it? I have no problems with the 6.+ that I’m using now..

Cheers

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@burt,

The beauty of hiding the sticky header when scrolling down (content flowing up) is to increase the amount of web page info the viewer can see at a glance. For example, if someone is reading a blog or an article, they won’t have to scroll the page as much – plus – the screen looks cleaner, nicer.

We currently use @marklchaves’ plugin, Hide and Seek Header, for this purpose and it works like a charm for us.

Click below for three (3) good comparisons.

Omnia Aerospace, LLC (incorporates the Hide and Seek Header plugin)
    Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation (does not incorporate the noted feature)
    Department of Defense (incorporates the feature with custom code)

See the difference?

Please stay safe. Cheers!

PS: We are using Avada 7.01 with no issues. Go ahead, be brave, install it! Ha.

Burt
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Jet

So mainly is for small screen viewer.. Got it.. I use a 50″ monitor, so that’s perhaps why it didn’t occur to me to think about the available space.. It makes sense..

I did check the three links and in the Mitsubishi one, it seems that is not working. The menu is visible all the time.. (just to let you know)..

I wanted to update, but I have more than 80 plugins, plus several snippet and custom codes everywhere, and after the last experience that took me nearly three weeks to get back to normality, I have become very aware. Also, I’m starting to see several complains about loading times. We only use about half of the function that Avada offers, and it would be nice to see a new streamline version that actually focuses on quality and performances..

Still, plenty of posts coming in with issues, so I may wait a bit longer…

Burt

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@burt,

The Mitsubishi example was shared to simply demonstrate how much real estate a header can take up on the screen. It does not have any “hide-on-scroll” functions incorporated.

Cheers!

PS: Eighty (80) plugins? Wow, no wonder your website is slow! Can’t imagine why so many. I would like to recommend @marklchaves to help you reduce the number of plugins you’re using while maintaining your website’s functionality and help you speed up your website. He’s your go-to guy! Worth every penny. Here’s your quick link for assistance.

Burt
    Participant

Unfortunately WP in vanilla format does not offer much functionality. 80 plugins it may seem a lot but I guess it boils down to what your site does and offer to your members..

We are moving to Drupal soon, so the 80 plugins are not a real issue..

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.