Home Forums Community Forum Avada saturates my CPU (100% Usage)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’ve tested several AVA demos and now I’m on the AVADA CLASSIC SHOP. When I activate the theme, it monopolizes 100% of the CPU of my hosting. If I switch to a standard theme, the problem stops. But it comes back as soon as I reactivate AVADA. The main symptom is a great slowness and loss of link with the database at each page change (I have to refresh each time once or twice to finally manage to display the page) . My host says that it’s the site (so Avada) that saturates the CPU. But I don’t know how to fix this problem. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Oniryk
    Participant

Repost.

I am having the same issue. Avatar Builder is using 99% of the CPU

PG2021
    Participant

Same here. Anyone get a resolution to this issue yet?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone

Each of you have either Valid or Grandfathered Support with us, if you are still facing any issues please open a support ticket following the instructions below and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Click Here To Create An Account & Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

adinda
    Participant

Same issue as of today (21/4). My CPU is overload and also my resources. Can’t even login to my own website, my host had to deactivate the theme for me! Happens after I updated to version 7.3.1

carevolunteer
    Participant

After customizing my Avada website, with the psychology template, working on it for days, finally today I turned it live and Im keep getting 500 errors. Contacted the host and they told me that I am exceeding my CPU resources allocated, the theme is making a loop request. My hosting account has a limit of 10 simultaneous processes, while my application spawns more than 20 per second, to a total of 160~ which the server cannot kill fast enough. Within an hour or so I got there have been over 280 000 hits. This is why I am getting error 500 which finally killed my site. I ran out of resources. To get my website back, I had to contact my host again and they increased my resources until I try a way to fix it. Now it is in maintenance mode which is the only way it works but only I see it….

The application has a plugin/theme or a feature that makes a loop requests towards this resource:

35.208.217.200 websiteaddress.com – [03/May/2021:19:02:33 +0000] “GET /wp-content/uploads/fusion-icons/psychology-v1.0-1/style.css HTTP/1.0” 404 15903 “-” “-” | TLSv1.2 | 0.406 0.496 0.496 MISS 0 NC:000000 UP:SKIP_CACHE_NO_CACHE
    35.208.217.200 websiteaddress.com – [03/May/2021:19:02:33 +0000] “GET /wp-content/uploads/fusion-icons/psychology-v1.0-1/style.css HTTP/1.0” 500 89488 “-” “-” | TLSv1.2 | 0.021 0.022 0.021 MISS 0 NC:000000 UP:SKIP_CACHE_EXPIRED

I would appreciate it if my brand new website would work. Any solutions?

dmanexe
    Participant

Reporting a similar issue here – related to mysqld running on Ubuntu 20.04. I have not diagnosed the exact issue which causes this. Enabling a plugin which disables the WordPress ‘heartbeat’ has seemed to make this issue stay at bay.

However, the issue is continues to present itself when I am going into editing a Layout section. I have resorted to using the Stop/Start instance within AWS. I was thinking of a workaround to use cpu-limit to bring mysqld down to 80%, but this also does not work (for some reason). I am not sure if this a mysql bug, or an Avada bug, because I have not tried to run the site with MariaDB yet.

To recreate this issue, import the Accountant pre-built website, go into sections and edit the global header.

dmanexe
    Participant

I would like to add that this issue makes the entire theme basically unusable for development. I would consider this a fatal flaw that demands immediate investigation. I am glad to see other people are having the same issue, I thought something was incorrect with my server setup.

Adam
    Participant

Any public input from support?

dmanexe
    Participant

Today, I have initialized a local virtual machine running Ubuntu 20.04 with:

Avada Version: 7.3.1
    MySQL Version: 8.0.23
    WP Version: 5.7.1
    PHP Memory Limit: 2 GB
    Server Info: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
    GD Library: 2.2.5

I will update this thread with my findings from the queries or commands which are causing the CPU to overload to 100% and render the machine unusable.

dmanexe
    Participant

I was unable to recreate the issue on a virtual machine, which further confuses me, as the EC2 image was brought into my VM, so everything should have been exactly the same. Still unable to develop or use Avada on production due to this issue. Where can we download older versions?

dmanexe
    Participant

Any public input from support?

dmanexe
    Participant

Bump, still breaking on every server I have running in production. Is there a way to download older versions of Avada, so this can go away? I need to work.

Webgeist FS
    Participant

I had the same problem. It seems to work now.
    The warning disappeared and the site is faster now.

Warning: file_get_contents(/wp-content/uploads/fusion-icons//psychology-v1.0-1/style.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/lib/inc/functions.php on line 1775

My solution:
    Try to trash the icon set, which has broken icons
    /wp-admin/admin.php?page=avada-icons

Did this work for you, too?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 13 hours ago by Webgeist FS.
    ithink8@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve the exactly same issue but i didn’t find “admin.php?page=avada-icons”.
    Where is it?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.