Avada Forums Community Forum Avada Lazyloading Conflicts with SG Optimizer Plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Hi there,

We are currently using SiteGround’s plugin: SG Optimizer (lazy loading feature).

Many images cannot be lazy loaded due to a non-img code introduced by Theme-Fusion in certain elements that prevents these images from being lazy loaded.

Specifically, this is what SiteGround had to say: http://prntscr.com/qlj44a

Would appreciate Theme-Fusion looking into this for a fix at next Avada revision level.

Thank you!

Alqimia Institute
    Participant

Have the same issue.
    SG Optimizer works very well in improving the site performance.
    Fusion Builder Live is quite handy.
    Having to deactivate SG every time I want to use the Live Builder is a pain.

Hope themefusion can solve this ASAP.

Thank you!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Update:

Issue still not resolved. However, we have opted to use Avada’s Lazy Loading feature. It works well and has helped bring down our website’s page loading speed.

Interesting Observation:

Recently, we purchased and activated WP Rocket for our website. We activated its Lazy Loading feature and it also works quite well. It “injects” the proper lazy loading code into each image of our website. It shows up as:

class="img-responsive wp-image-14111 lazyloaded" data-lazy-src="https: ..."

Conclusion:

Avada is performing as intended. We have decided to go back to SiteGround’s developers and ask them to update their Lazy Loading coded based on WP Rocket’s code (Note: SiteGround and WP Rocket are “partners,” so hopefully they will collaborate with each other to solve SG Optimizer’s issue).

Case closed (for us, at least).

Cheers!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Final Comment:

We compared both Avada’s and WP Rocket’s Lazy Loading features.

By far, Avada’s is better than WP Rocket’s. Our website loaded up to .5 seconds faster using Avada’s LL feature.

Cheers!

Alqimia Institute
    Participant

Great Jetxpert-Envato 🙂

After your reply I reached Siteground to ask for solutions.

Fusion Builder live and SG Optimizer, both plugins are now active and running. The trick was to disable the option at SG Optimizer > Frontend Optimization > Minify the HTML Output.

It has a downside impact on the website performance, increasing the page load with more 0.4 seconds. I’ll try to find solutions to workarounds to the Minify html output, with siteground or Avada.

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @jetxpert-envato,

Thanks for sharing your findings. I find this statement from your screen grab an interesting contradiction. It makes me lose some faith in SiteGround (SG).

It’s a shortcode which is converted to img tag.

Our plugin checks the html for img tags, and process them. But the example above doesn’t look like an img tag. …

Basically, they say that the fusion shortcode is converted to an img tag. And, their plugin checks for img tags. Ok. So what’s the problem lol? Did I miss something?

If other plugins can lazyload Avada images that the SG Optimiser can’t, what’s SiteGround’s excuse?

So, the reasons parsers won’t pick up HTML generated from shortcodes are:

1. The plugin associated with the shortcode is deactivated.
    2. There’s an error in the shortcode syntax.
    3. There’s a nested shortcode (related to #2) and the do_shortcode() isn’t called recursively.
    4. The parser is running before the page is fully rendered (prematurely).
    5. There’s a bug in the parser.

BTW, if you look at your source, you’ll see that SG uses lazysizes.min.js. The code is freely available (MIT License) on GitHub. This is the same JS library I use on my Jekyll site for lazyloading.

Anyway, maybe some of this info is useful for future follow-ups with SG. 😉

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Hi @marklchaves,

Appreciate your input!

So far, no updates from SiteGround. Would be great if you can share your above input directly with them in their plugin forum. Perhaps they’ll “listen” to you. Click below.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lazyloading-not-working/
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/best-tool-for-lazyloading-theme-or-plugin/

Since this is no longer an Avada issue, will stop here.

Enjoy your week. Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.