Home Forums Community Forum AVADA layout for product page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am using AVADA 7.4.1, WP 5.8
    I modified the AVADA CLASSIC DEMO Product page, see image.
    PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS images are in the Product Page Layout Section.

After spending 2 days making changes I realized, this DEMO is completely USELESS! When you use this layout, PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS image doesn’t change DYNAMICALLY. Meaning, when you select another product, Product Feature image changes, Text changes but PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS image doesn’t change – making it completely useless!!!

I really like AVADA theme, but furious why on earth they have such a demo which can’t be practically used? Can anyone possibly have 1 product shop? AVADA, I truly like your Theme – but PLEASE STOP publishing something which can’t be used by the end user, its truly hurtful as lots of us do not develop website for living.

Hence we buy your beautiful theme, spend tons of time learning as the troubleshooting documentation is almost non-existence. There are ton’s of video and documentation but truly I can spend days either Googling or reading your docs or watching video – there are mostly close to zero troubleshooting documentation. Only documentation is there when you do cookie-cutter stuff. If you want to make a slight change – you are jumping on fire! No documentation at all.

Does anyone has experience – how can I make changes to the code so that, when I select another product – the thumbnail image should change like feature image and text? It’s not productive to use 1 layout per product. Details can be seen in the images here:
    AVADA product page issue
    AVADA product page issue-1

Thanks in advance for help 🙂

Metro
    Participant

It would be much easier to guide you if you share link to the page or screenshots.

What do you mean by ‘PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS image doesn’t change’

onetouch
    Participant

Thanks, I added image using img link in this editor – looks like it didn’t work, sorry about that.
    Here is the screenshots again
    https://snipboard.io/nqk2I0.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/5woUCS.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/Gj0WxT.jpg

Thank you

onetouch
    Participant

Anyone with any idea how can I fix this please? Thanks

onetouch
    Participant

?????????????

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi onetouch,

It depends on what you are wanting to show. The layout section there with the 3 images is designed to be shared with the same images for the products. The actual product main image and gallery is displayed on the right (in the demo content case products only have 1 image).

If you want to show the product gallery somewhere else on the product layout section and not just within the Woo Product Images element then you can insert a gallery or image carousel element. Then on the general tab with the bulk image upload, click the dynamic data icon and select Woo Gallery. That will then use the product gallery images.  So you can replace the nested columns with a gallery for example (and set border radius on the gallery to your choosing).

Alternatively, if you don’t want to use the product gallery images and instead just want to manually set the 3 images for each product then you can move this part out of the layout section and instead into the product content. To do that, copy the nested columns and paste it into the individual product content. Then delete the nested columns from the layout section and replace the Woo Short Description element in the layout section with the Content element. That will then pull in the full content from the individual products. Which means you are free to add whatever images into the single product content without having a separate layout for each.

Thanks

onetouch
    Participant

Thank you Michael for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

From the answer it is not clear to me if the issue was clear to you. I will try to rephrase it:
    I like the layout. It works great for 1 product with 3 static images [PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS].
    I want those 3 static PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS images to be dynamic or conditional.

Meaning: If I select another product I want those 3 static images to be replaced with 3 new images. Basically whenever the product changes, I want those 3 static PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS images also to change. It can be based on some condition or related to the product.

So 2 things needs to happen-
    1. A logical condition so those static PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS image changes when Product changes
    2. A method to upload/link those 3 PRODUCT SCREENSHOTS images for each product.

I hope I was able to explain, thanks again for your help.

onetouch
    Participant

Here is something which may resolve the issue?
    https://snipboard.io/7rWzPk.jpg
    Thank you

onetouch
    Participant

Michael,
    I tried your suggestions but couldn’t make it work – specially, “Woo Short Description element in the layout section with the Content element”
    Here was your suggestion:
    To do that, copy the nested columns and paste it into the individual product content. Then delete the nested columns from the layout section and replace the Woo Short Description element in the layout section with the Content element. That will then pull in the full content from the individual products. Which means you are free to add whatever images into the single product content without having a separate layout for each.

Could you please show more details or explain the steps please? Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.