Avada Forums Community Forum Avada is broken again — images not showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Avada is broken AGAIN — now the images are not showing in the sidebars, nor in one of the blog blocks on a page built through Fusion builder… I’m not going to pay for support this time, I’m just going to find some other way to build my blog… This thing is broken way too often.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi riw777

The theme cannot break itself periodically. A common issue missed in maintaining a site is when one or more cache plugins are used and the cache is not purged when necessary, and then similar issues can arise.

I looked at your last support ticket from February 23rd 2018 to locate your site URL and check the site. Myself and one of our developers can see images missing etc, however and as mentioned above, it is happening because of your cache.

To add to that, you have the Jetpack plugin lazyloading option enabled, it should not be used and is notorious for causing display issues.

If you are going to cache resources the resources need to be maintained and also, very importantly, configured correctly. Using multiple cache plugins etc is not good practice.

Thank you kindly

beppe
    Participant

I’m experienced (probably from a couple of days) a similar issue all the logos (.svg) on my web site disappeared, it seems forCed to be 0x0 pixel size.
    I’m supposing that it’s matter of last update.
    Thanks for your help
    see https://surflodgesantacruz.com/

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Beppe,

If you are using SVGs you need to make sure the SVGs have dimensions properly set in the image itself or in the CSS. Right now the problem is I see you have added CSS for the height, but nothing for the width.

Eg I see:

.wave-icon img {
        height: 22px;
    }

If you add a width there as well then it will show up.

beppe
    Participant

Solved, thanks for your help – sorry for my delay in adding this reply.

Not so clear to me why before (last update) it was working, anyway now is fixed up!

Admin_Augmentes
    Participant

I have a problem with the container background images not showing. They show fine in chrome, firefox and safari, but are not showing in Internet Explorer or Edge. Happened after updating to version 5.8.1.

The strange thing is that image elements are showing fine, it is just the container background images that are not showing.

I would appreciate any help that you can provide.

Please see:
    http://wpsge.augmentes.com/

Thank you

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

I would request you please add padding in the column or make use of a separator to give height to the column(when you have no content added). Once done, please recheck the issue in Edge/IE

Note that the Avada community forum is primarily for a user to user interaction.

If you would like hands-on assistance here, please register for support and create a support ticket as explained here -> https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/getting-started/avada-theme-support

Thank you!

Shaminder

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @admin_augmentes

To follow up from the reply from Shaminder, we confirmed the issue in our testing and our team is working on a patch for this right now. It will be released shortly.

Thank you kindly

Michael C
    Keymaster

Patch #416791 – Fixes IE / Edge column height issue which only have background image set.

If you still have problems please let us know,

Thanks

Admin_Augmentes
    Participant

The patch fixed the issue. Thank you for your fast response and action, you guys are awesome!

threesixty
    Participant

Hi Folks

I’m brand new to Avada and not a developer, though I’m a seasoned user of Adobe CC.

I’m having a similar issue:
    I’ve just installed Avada as per the documentation, and all I’m trying to do is replace the logo in Avada Classic with our own company log svg.

But the svg doesn’t appear
    If I upload a png, it appears and, though its dimensions are correct, it appears very large.

Am I doing something very basic incorrectly?

I’ve spent over an hour reading documentation and trial and error just to place a logo, so my assumption is that I’ve missed something very simple.

Here’s the url to the example:
    https://threesixtytest.wpcomstaging.com/home-version-3/

Thanks for any input.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @threesixty

You have active theme support and because our support team does not provide support via the community forum, please create a ticket using the link below and our team will gladly help going forward.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

onlinesystemscoza
    Participant

Hi – I applied the patch and got PHP fatal error (running PHP 7.2).

[27-Apr-2019 08:41:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fusion_element_column() in /home/*******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/shortcodes/fusion-column.php on line 817

Any ideas? Thank you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.