Home Forums Community Forum Avada Health Demo questions – font and reminder on how to have menu lower?

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

Looking to update our website and like much of the Avada Health demo but have a few questions:

1. What font is this using? Really nice – clean.
    2. Can someone remind me how to have the menu hover over the background image of the container as opposed to being above the background image on white space as ours is now? Basically want to copy the menu option on Avada Health were switches to solid white as soon as scroll down.
    3. Is there any way to move the columns over the background opening image to be higher up rather than vertically centered?

Hope those all make sense. Unfortunately when I imported Page content, these values did not come through – probably because I only did a partial import to avoid messing up the current site.

Thanks!

E

orenphoto
    Participant

I ended up installing the Theme options (after backing up my current ones) and found some answers

1. Font – Source Sans Serif – weight book 300
    2. Still stuck just a bit on this but realizing I was actually talking about the Header

Currently have the first container as empty with background being an image. I set it up as:
    General – 100% Width, NO to 100% height and NO to Set columns to equal height
    Design – Border size 0; Margin blanks for both; Padding – Up 20%; Right 5%; Down 20%; Left 5%
    BG Image – Position Center Center; No Repeat; Background Parallax UP; Parallax on Mobile NO; Parallax Speed 0.4; Background Blend Mode Disabled
    Extras – left as default

I am nearly there with what I want but find that when the screen is resized down to mobile, the image used gets cropped so not all 5 people show up any more. I have tried to play with the Padding but don’t think I am understanding it correctly.

Site: https://allergynorthshore.com/home-test/

3. Still curious if it is possible to reposition the columns used in the Avada Health top background/hero image for future use. Also, is there any way to add dynamic information there? In Avada Health, they have Office Hours listed as a generic text. Would be awesome if that could be changed dynamically for day of week when page loaded…

Appreciate your help!

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi,

For #2, please read this https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/header/header-position-and-transparency/#headertransparency

For #3, I’m not sure if I completely understand. But, if you want to dynamically generate text for that semi-transparent Office Hours block, you’d need to write up some PHP or JavaScript.

Hope that helps!

orenphoto
    Participant

Thanks Mark

For #2, my issue was with padding the image so it would shrink responsively. No matter what I put in for padding (% or px), the image would start cropping out the sides as it moved to smaller screens

My fix ended up being a second container with a single column that included the photo. I set the second container to be visible for medium and small screens and the first container with the background image and parallax visible only on large screens)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.