Home Forums Community Forum Avada forms – submission confirmation email

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m currently using the contact form(Contact Form 7) on the page and I would like to migrate to AVADA FORMS. (better design)
    The Contact Forms 7 has the option of confirmation email to the user after submission. So I receive the email and user also and I can define the custom text. (Autoresponder)

Is this possible with Avada Forms?
    The autoresponder message is pretty useful feature and without this feature I can’t migrate.

Thanks for an advice

CueKids
    Participant

i have the same query please

aryavan
    Participant

Bump. This is the only feature holding me back from switching from CF7. Autoresponder is pretty huge and would be great to have this implemented please.

praxia
    Participant

Same question here please.

BSpicer
    Participant

Yes same question. I was going to use [email_address] in the “email to” submission, but all that comes through is:
    – pretty boring data, not suitable as confirmation or autoresponder…

first_name
    last_name
    address_1
    address_2
    city
    state
    zip_code
    home_phone
    work_phone
    email

number_of_tickets_needed
    company_name
    How did you hear about us? Friend or colleague
    if_other

jshah1520
    Participant

Same here (subscribing to this message)

konektic
    Participant

Dear developers, please add this function ASAP!!

strato
    Participant

This is keeping me from moving to Avada forms as well and should be considered a core feature of any email form technology. The work you all have done so far on the forms is incredible, this would really seal the deal! Thank you.

TalenAlexanderAgency
    Participant

Please add this.
    Should be the minimum function of any form system.

SergioBernad
    Participant

When are you going to enable autoresponder on avada forms?

bens
    Participant

+1 this request.
    Also wondering when and if such a core feature will be available, otherwise I’d need to find an alternative.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

If you are on 7.4+ you can send separate emails or perform additional actions via a form submission hook. Simple example taking an email_address field from submission and sending an email to that address – https://gist.github.com/mikka23/990f8c7b0a1d1365eb4ed77e1f40e937

Alternatively, you should be able to set up an auto-reponder in your email client and ensure the reply-to on the email is the submission email by using the placeholder.

holdusback
    Participant

Thanks a lot for this.

Is there a way to check which form is actually sent out ?

I need to do send multiple email on a specific form, not every form of my website.

Pretty sure I can check which form ID is actually firing the hook but IDK how.

rick-lightheart
    Participant

Thank you for your response regarding this issue Michael. Can you please clarify how to actually replace the reply-to email on the form with the placeholder info? In Avada’s form submission options, it only allows me to enter a full email address in the reply-to field, and I don’t understand how to properly insert an email field that the user enters into the form.

Any further help regarding this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

RL

holdusback
    Participant

@michael-c

Can you point out some more info than the doc give ?

IDK why, your code work, but a simple ajax call make my form never work and give me the error message :

THERE WAS AN ERROR TRYING TO SEND YOUR MESSAGE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Would love to know why a simple JS script inside this action make the form completely not working.

I need to call some AJAX after the form is checked by avada (and so submitted) IDK how to do that, the documentation and support dont really help me …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.