Home Forums Community Forum Avada Forms Cyrillic encoding problem

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If I add any of the following characters to the subject “ěščřžýáíé”, the result is something along the lines =?utf-8?B?T2Jq….
    Also if any of the characters apper in the body of the email. For example a user puts it in an input field, the result in Outlook is this “Ä›šÄÅ™Å”.
    Cleary problem with encoding on avada side. Thats why most people in need of sending emails on php server use PHPMailer, because otherwise you are constantly debugging things like this.
    Looking forward to swift patch.

Faxam
    Participant

Hi there,

same problem here but with spanish system.

I’ve found a easy solution for me.

In contact Form builder, If I let empty the “Email Subject” option in “submission” tab, email comes with “=?utf-8?B?Q29udGFjd……..” subject (use Gmail on Windows-Linux-Android).

But, if I fill with [subject] tag (or the name you have in subject field), problem disappears.

Can Anyone try this if runs or not?

Thx and regards

yy_envato
    Participant

Hi, I have same issue also, the subject in email showing
    =?utf-8?B?RXhpc3RpbmcgY2xpZW50IHdhbnQgdG8gam9pbiBadWx1VHJhZGU=?=

Any of you get solution?

Hoping for advice.

franskazan
    Participant

Hi There, same problem here. Hope for a quick solution.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by franskazan.
    franskazan
    Participant

Hi There, same problem here. Hope for a quick solution.

Thank you.

elyon
    Participant

Looks like this is still an issue… Is there an answer to resolve this issue?

Thank you –

miguydigital
    Participant

Hi,
    reporting the same issue. When I put the Subject name in English in the submission tab, it shows this weird subject line in Gmail & outlook =?utf-8?B?TmV3IHF1ZXJyeSBmcm9tIERhd2lkIFBpb3Ryb3dza2k=?= subject.

Can you guys provide a hotfix to this? I see lots of other people are having this same issue.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone

This issue will be fixed in our next update that is 7.2 and it will be out soon 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

panoramixelmago
    Participant

I have updated to 7.2 and it already works.
    Thank you

Sternregennacht
    Participant

I have updated Avada to 7.2, but content sent from the Avada form text fields, that contains Ü, Ä, ß, etc. still looks like this: Bitte löschen. Grüße Anna

How can I fix this?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Sternregennacht

The issue is actually fixed in our latest version 7.2.1
    – FIXED: Email subject encoding option not working correctly
    Can you please update to that version and check again once?

Thanks

-Ammar

Sternregennacht
    Participant

Hello Ammar,

thank you for the quick response. I have the latest version 7.2.1, but when I create a new form with Avada Form Builder, the issue is still the same. The display of the subject actually looks fine, but the input sent from other text fields look like this:

Betreff Viele Grüße von Anna – Test
    Nachricht Testversand, um die falsche Darstellung von Umlauten zu testen. Äöüß Grüße Anna
    Thema Ich interessiere mich für das Thema Elektromobilität.

Is there any solution for this? For german customers this problem is really huge…
    Thank you in advance!

Thomas
    Participant

Hello Ammar,

thank you for the quick response. I have the latest version 7.2.1, but when I create a new form with Avada Form Builder, the issue is still the same. The display of the subject actually looks fine, but the input sent from other text fields look like this:

Betreff Viele Grüße von Anna – Test
    Nachricht Testversand, um die falsche Darstellung von Umlauten zu testen. Äöüß Grüße Anna
    Thema Ich interessiere mich für das Thema Elektromobilität.

Is there any solution for this? For german customers this problem is really huge…
    Thank you in advance!

Hi theme fusion team,
    a +1 from my side.

Hoping for a fix =)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.