Home Forums Community Forum Avada Forms Cyrillic encoding problem

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

In Avada Forms when you type subject in language other than English, for example in Cyrillic, the email is received with subject like

=?utf-8?B?0JfQsNC/0LjRgtCy0LDQvdC1INC+0YIg0LrQvtC90YLQsNC60YLQvdCw0YLQsCDRhNC+0YDQvNCw?=

How to fix that?

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you on 7.1? If so, update to 7.1.1 and this should be good. If not, please let us know.

Thanks

kurtalans
    Participant

I’m on 7.1.1.
    On 7.1 was fine.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

What is the email client you are using? Also can you post an example of what the subject line is (ie intended to be, not the encoded version)?

Thanks

kurtalans
    Participant

In the first form, the subject is Запитване от контактната форма
    In the second form, the subject is [company],[email_address]

I’m sending email to Trello, Zendesk and to my email. I read the email both in Outlook and webmail.
    Everywhere the subject is =?utf-8blablabla….

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by kurtalans.
    Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

The subject is encoded but should be read correctly in the client. Just testing this again and this is definitely working on my end.

If you want to reverse the encoding prior to sending the email you can try adding to a child theme:

function decode_email_subject( $atts ){
    	$atts['subject'] = base64_decode( str_replace( [ '=?utf-8?B?', '?=' ], [ '', '' ], $atts['subject'] ) );
    	return $atts;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail', 'decode_email_subject' );

But that really shouldn’t be necessary. I am going to send a reply to one of your previous tickets to get further information.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Michael C.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Michael C.
    kurtalans
    Participant

Hi, this function works great and the subject is okay now!

kurtalans
    Participant

Is there a way to use this function only with Avada form emails, instead of all WP, because it’s messing up WooCommerce email’s subject?

daodmin
    Participant

Hello,

Same situation here: Avada 7.1.1 -> I’vs tried with Cyrillic subject and with subject in English, but I receive in Gmail only this: ?utf-8?B?0JjQvdC00LjQstC40LTRg9Cw0LvQvdC4INCi0LDQuSDQp9C4INGD0YDQvtGG0Lg=?=

Best,

• This reply was modified 1 day, 15 hours ago by daodmin.
    kimmervis
    Participant

I am having the same problem. My subject line reads:
    Re: =?utf-8?B?U3RvbmVicmlkZ2UgRW1wbG95bWVudDogR3JvdW5kcyBDcmV3L01haW50ZW5hbmNlIHwgUHJvIFNob3A=?=

I have tried leaving it empty, entering a single word and the above is the result of a field [area_of_interest]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.