Avada Forums Community Forum Avada Builder unresponsive on Chrome

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone noticed a severe delay when opening an element panel (button, image, etc) when editing in Google Chrome? I’m using Chrome for Mac.

What happens:
    1. Open a page or post
    2. Click on any edit icon
    3. The dialog opens but is completely unresponsive for several seconds, long enough for Chrome to report an error “Pages Unresponsive”.
    4. Eventually, the page becomes responsive, the error message disappears, and I’m able to edit the content.

For obvious reasons, this issue makes it almost impossible to use Builder.

This issue is NOT present in Safari or Firefox.

schneidermarc
    Participant

I can’t reproduce this specific behavior but I too have difficulties on mac: reordering a checklist does not work in Chrome on Mac. No issues in Safari on Mac or Chrome on Windows.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @asgrant

You have a valid support with us already and should be able to open a support ticket, can you please follow the link below if you are still facing the issue and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

pic2gosv
    Participant

same problem here, after 7.8.3 i get unresponsive messages when i try to edit objects (text block, images, etc).

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @pic2gosv

7.8.2 is our latest version actually, please try the following basic troubleshooting steps and see if those help.

Deactivate all plugins that were not included with our theme
    Remove all custom CSS and check any other customizations that have been performed
    If using child theme, please use default parent theme to see if that fixes it.
    Make sure to clear plugin and browser cache after each step.

Thanks

-Ammar

willyfreites
    Participant

Same issue with our websites. We are running the latest AVADA version on all our websites. When trying to editing and/or adding content to any page, it freezes with a blank screen. After a min it displays. This delay happens when editing using fusion builder features and with chrome. With Firefox it works fine with no issues. Only with Chrome it has this issue.

We have follow all recommendations above but still freezes. This is happening on all our AVADA website.

german324
    Participant

similar issue.
    the browser freezes for a few seconds when trying to edit text fields using Avada Builder.
    Another action that causes the browser to freeze is when trying to copy text from a text box element while text content is on ‘visual’ display.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @willyfreites

If this is happening with a specific browser, please see if you have any extension installed there that could be causing this issue, also try disabling your other plugin(s) resources and see if that helps.

Thanks

-Ammar

m3growth
    Participant

Still happening on Chrome. All non-avada plugins disabled and browser extensions disabled. Page builder still freezes for 5-10 seconds every time I try to edit an element.

Strangely, after disabling plugins, it ran fine for a few minutes, then started to freeze again. Possibly something filling the browser cache?

### Avada Versions ###

Current Version: 7.6.1
    Previous Version: No previous versions could be detected

### WordPress Environment ###

Home URL: https://esrdisasterhero.flywheelsites.com
    Site URL: https://esrdisasterhero.flywheelsites.com
    WP Content Path: /www/wp-content
    WP Path: /wordpress/
    WP Version: 6.1.1
    WP Multisite: –
    PHP Memory Limit: 128 MB
    WP Debug Mode: –
    Language: en_US

### Server Environment ###

Server Info: Flywheel/5.1.0
    PHP Version: 8.1.14
    PHP Post Max Size: 300 MB
    PHP Time Limit: 178 – We recommend setting max execution time to at least 180.See: Increasing max execution to PHP
    PHP Max Input Vars: 10000
    ZipArchive: ✔
    MySQL Version: 5.7.39
    Max Upload Size: 300 MB
    DOMDocument: ✔
    WP Remote Get: ✔
    WP Remote Post: ✔
    GD Library: 2.3.3

### Active Plugins (3) ###

Avada Builder: by ThemeFusion
    Avada Core: by ThemeFusion
    Ninja Forms: by Saturday Drive

### Avada Changelog ###

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by m3growth.
    Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @m3growth

I use Avada with chrome and there is no issue as you mentioned, it could be some of your extension perhaps?
    however in any case you have a valid support and should be able to open a support ticket without any issues, please do that so our team can reach you further.

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

m3growth
    Participant

I use Avada with chrome and there is no issue as you mentioned, it could be some of your extension perhaps?

I have all browser extensions and non-avada plugins disabled, so that’s not it.

Most builder elements can be edited without much trouble, but elements with content (like image, text elements) really get slow and I see the page unresponsive error.

Sounds like you are saying, since you cannot reproduce the error, we all must be seeing issues that are not related to Avada, even though this does not happen with other themes when editing in Chrome.

I’d be happy to open a support ticket for this, but I could not tell you what to do to reproduce the issue, since none of us can figure out what is causing the unresponsive page error.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @m3growth

If you notice this thread is actually an year older almost and various Avada updates have been released in this time, if this was to be an issue with Avada in general you can understand the amount of tickets we would have received considering the large number of people that uses chrome 🙂

I see you still have not opened a support ticket with us, please do that so your issue can be checked as soon as possible!

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.