Home Forums Community Forum Avada 6: Do I need to update my Child Theme?

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m a little confused: I updated to Avada 6 yesterday and everything seems fine. I read the “Important Update Information” and found this paragraph:

“2. Child Theme Users – Template Overrides – Display Issues Post Update
    In order to make the new editing experience in Avada 6.0 possible, it was technically needed to change some of the template files and core functions. If you are using a child theme and override pluggable functions or if you use template overrides, please make sure to update your child theme to the latest versions of the functions and templates and then copy your customizations back to them.”

So yes, I am using the Avada Child Theme. But reading that I don’t know if I should do anything further. I didn’t update my child theme to the latest version yet. Don’t know where to find that latest version (a link would be helpful).

So my questions are: Is there a new Child Theme for Avada 6? Where do I find it? How do I know If I have to update my Child Theme? And what is a good workflow to do this…?

Thank you very much!!
    angie.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Angie

If you check those instructions again, what is especially highlighted are the following:

“…and override pluggable functions or if you use template overrides…”

If you simply have a default child theme active and no custom code (pluggable functions) and/or modified theme template files (template overrides) and the theme update worked as expected then you do not need to change anything or change the actual child theme you have activated.

Thank you kindly

Angie HappyTree
    Participant

Thank you! This helps a lot!
    angie.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Angie

No worries at all, if you need further assistance or have any further questions, please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist and guide you

Click Here To Get Avada Support

Thank you kindly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.