Avada Forums Community Forum Avada 6.2.2 -> 7.0.2 Auto-Update not appearing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been a registered Avada user for over 2 years and I was surprised to find out recently that there have been updates to the theme that I have not been receiving. I am currently on version 6.2.2 of Avada with all of the last fusion patches applied (417759 being the latest). I am also running wordpress version 5.5.

All this being said, there has been no option to auto-update my theme in the past four months. Nothing appears when I refresh the updates panel either, even though the Avada “Welcome” tab has an Avada 7.0 features video on it.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? How did you overcome them in order to get the auto-update working?

Thanks.

JoeyBuehler
    Participant

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I haven’t received the update option on any of my accounts. Please let me know how I can update it.

Regards,

Joey

JoeyBuehler
    Participant

Update* Some of my accounts do get the update option to 7.0.2, but some of them have no option for updating.

bdeforest
    Participant

I have this exact same problem. All copies are registered with the appropriate Envato token but only a couple of them have offered me the auto update. Others do not, claiming they are updated when they are on version 6.2.2. It’s really strange!

soozing
    Participant

It’s not showing up for me either, so I submitted a support ticket, but I did figure out a way to get the upgrade. If you only have the Avada theme installed, the upgrade link won’t show up under the Appearance/Themes menu option. However, if you install a second theme, then you’ll get a link at the top of the Avada box on the Themes page in the WordPress dashboard.

JoeyBuehler
    Participant

Very strange, that indeed fixed it! Thank you Soozing

sdammers
    Participant

I have the slight different issue with 6.2.3 , getting the error: “Update package not available”
    The strange thing is that I am able to update 2 of my 3 sites, however this one gives this error. Anybody knows how to solve? 🙂

Thanks!

SEOmatt
    Participant

Support ticket replied with how to ftp manual install or auto-update, after I asked where the latest update is. I will try soozing’s approach. Thank you

SEOmatt
    Participant

Support ticket replied with how to ftp manual install or auto-update, after I asked where the latest update is. I will try soozing’s approach. Thank you!

Update: I was able to go from version 6.0 to 6.2.3. Still need a link to where I can download the latest version. Auto update did not show up for the theme, only the plug-ins required.

SEOmatt
    Participant

Was it a second theme of any theme, or was it a second avada upload?

SEOmatt
    Participant

sdammers: I ended up going back to my ThemeForest Account, and downloading the link for the theme purchased. That link was auto updated inside my account to 7.0.1. It appears the same as the original, but they update it inside the account. Hope that helps

soozing
    Participant

Here’s the solution I got from support:

Actually, WP core needs the default WP theme – (twenty twenty) to show the update notifications for any other theme that is installed. It does seem rather odd but this is a recent change made by them.

GetAutomated
    Participant

Had the exact same problem, and no second theme installed. I installed the Twenty Twenty theme and now the update is available. HUGE thank you for this solution!

gohsijun
    Participant

soozing solution is working!!!!
    thanks soozing 🙂

should be pin to top for soozing solution~

just install twenty twenty theme and the update is appear

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @soozing

Really appreciate you sharing the solution here for the community, that is exactly what this forum is meant for 🙂

To everyone else, if you do not see Auto update notification simply make sure of two things.

1. That your site is registered and is showing (Registered on dashboard) with a valid Token key.
    2. That you have one default WP 2020 or WP 2019 theme installed (not activated) along with Avada.

Thanks and have a nice day everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.