Avada Forums Community Forum Anchor link within a toggle.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m attempting to use a standard link to a anchor which has been placed within a “FAQs” Toggle element.

The anchor works but only when the toggle is already open.

What I need to happen is the toggle to open once the link has been clicked.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Adam 🙂

ucgadmin
    Participant

Dear sir/madam,

I have exactly the same query described in the original post above, currently unable to implement the intended site design unless closed toggles can be opened automatically when associated anchor link is used.

Many thanks,

C

AMDG_Advertising
    Participant

Has there been any follow up on this? Need to be able to anchor link to a specific FAQ and expand.

ucgadmin
    Participant

@AMDG_Advertising I have not seen any solution published to date and would be very interested to hear from a developer if in a future update anchor links would automatically open toggles they are nestled in.

C

pienvink
    Participant

How can I make an ANCHOR LINK WITHIN A TOGGLE ?

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

A toggle essentially is a empty “a” tag that doesn’t really have an attribute nk to which the anchor can scroll to. Doing this would need code customisation. I would suggest to try using a tab (the scrolling may be very smooth). You can right click on the tab and get the tab heading link

Note that the Avada community forum is primarily for a user to user interaction.

If you would like hands-on assistance here, please register for support and create a support ticket as explained here → https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/getting-started/avada-theme-support

Thank you!

Shaminder

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @adamakaspoon & @ucgadmin,

Interesting requirement. If you are still tuned-in here’s my take. Let me know how far off I am.

https://codepen.io/marklchaves/pen/oNXyNLQ

ThoMarketing
    Participant

Hi @marklchaves

your Accordion Remote Control is exactly what many users are searching here.
    Could you please explain if it is possible to use it with the Avada FAQ Accordion?

marklchaves
    Participant

Hello @thomarketing,

Thanks for asking.

I had another look at Avada’s accordion toggle implementation. It looks like they use Bootstrap.

So, my solution will only work in Avada as a standalone custom code solution. Sorry for the not-so-great news.

The other options are:

1) Send in a feature request

2) Figure out if Bootstrap already supports this and add any extra code to your Avada site to make it work

Good luck 🙂

myalkut
    Participant

I was able to find how to do this with DIVI theme (https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/divi-resources/5-cool-things-you-can-do-in-divi-with-anchor-links). Can’t find anything like that for AVADA. I assume you could use similar jquery script? If only there was as much documentation and articles for Avada as there is for Divi. I use both themes and can always google and find a solution for Divi issues quickly but not for Avada.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.