Avada Forums Community Forum Alternative to Contact Form 7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I am shopping for a new form plugin.

Currently I am using Contact Form 7 plugin on my AVADA theme. I am also using Postman SMTP plugin for email deliverability.

Contact Form 7 has one major liability which is that it slows my site page loads WAY DOWN by almost 4 seconds due to excessive CSS and JS scripts that load when the site is pulled up. I use a button that triggers a modal popup with the form in it on every page. This is so the users don’t need to leave the page to communicate.

Contact form 7 is THE PRIMARY bottleneck on my page speed!

I have two forms on my site for two different purposes. One is a simple contact form that sends the data filled out to my inbox and sends an automated acknowledgement to the person filling out the form.

The second form is roughly the same but has the feature to upload a document, such as a resume to my site. The uploaded document is sent as an attachment in the email notification to me when someone fills out the form.

I am looking for a substitute form plugin (preferably free) that:

Is faster than Contact Form 7 as far as page load time;
    Can attach an uploaded document to an email sent to me when the form is submitted;
    Can store the document uploaded either to my website or to Amazon AWS;
    Can be easily styled using CSS.

BTW, AVADA forms seems to lack these features so it is not an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

This should be possible in Avada Forms. We have an upload field so you can allow for the document upload (which is stored on your website). Styling wise each form has various input styling options. You can choose to have the submission data either sent to your via email or stored in the database.

Thanks

pvb7559
    Participant

Thanks Michael. A Couple of follow up questions for you.

1) Does AVADA forms send an autoresponder message to the person submitting the form?
    2) Do I get a notification email with the form data entered sent to my inbox?
    3) When one uploads a document, does it pass on to me as an attachment in the notification email?
    4) Can a form be embedded in a popup modal? (It was my understanding that the AVADA form could not be embedded in a popup modal and could only be used on a static page.)

These are features that I have now and would just keep using were it not for Contact Form & killing my site speed.

Thanks for your response and expertise!

Peter

Michael C
    Keymaster

1. If you mean email, then not right now. You can set the email to send the data to, but not a separate email. So right now you could send the data to the person who filled it out, plus to yourself. When submitted there is an alert to let the user know it has been submitted though (which you can position and style).
    2. You can select to receive the data via email. If selected it will send the data as its submitted.
    3. It will be in the email as a link rather than an attachment.
    4. Yes, that should work. We use a modal on https://avada.theme-fusion.com/architecture/ for example (footer get in touch button).

Note, if CF7 is slowing your site down that much there is likely something else going on. CF7 should not be adding much in the way of extra resources.

pvb7559
    Participant

Thank you! Now all I have to do is figure out how to actually construct this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.