Home Forums Community Forum All text content turned white in the edit screens, cant edit anything!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I updated wp and tried to edit text content on a site today and the box but all text is turned white in my edit screens, so I cant see or edit anything. This applies to headings, tables basically anything with text. The content is there, I can see it when I select within the edit box, but its turned white. Details are Wp 5.5 and Avada 5.9Is there a fix apart from upgrading Avada? I’m afraid my site will break if I update the theme and my customisations will be lost. I don’t think I set the site up as a child theme, can anyone advise how I can make my live theme into a child theme before I update Avada?
    Thanks in advance,N

danetan
    Participant

I was having this problem literally 5 mins ago. I went through all the troubleshooting steps online and found the problem to be with AVADA itself.

In terms of back up what i did was to download a back up of my site through a plugin before updating the site (I’m using updraft plus backups and storing it to my gdrive). After updating the AVADA theme everything went back to normal! SO GLAD THAT IT WORKED!

oskarhiden
    Participant

I have the same problem. I tried to re-update my AVADA Theme, but it did not work.

michael_forgette
    Participant

Does anyone have a fix for this? I just went to make a few changes and everything is white. Also when I click on “Preview” it opens a new Edit Page window not the actual preview.

michael_forgette
    Participant

Does anyone have a fix for this? I just went to make a few changes and everything is white. I’ve tried different browsers, even made a new page and copied contents from bad page to new page and still the same issue. It’s in the Text Block section.

Also when I click on “Preview” it opens a new Edit Page window not the actual preview.

shagasi
    Participant

????????

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone

We have no such issues with our latest version of theme that is 7.1.1, please double check your 3rd party plugin(s) one by one in this case incase that is causing the issue, also please check your console for possible errors, for the preview issue please simply reset your Permalinks from WP Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and click on Save button once.

@shagasi

You have valid support, please open a support ticket if you have any issues and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Click Here To Create An Account & Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

adrianneumann
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m posting to tell you that we have encountered the same problem described above after a recent update. Our IT have narrowed it down to a deprecated jQuery function. We have managed to hotfix the issue partially, but some problems persist (e.g. tabbing in container options not functional).

@moderator: We have extended our support license and I was going to reach out to you via ticket, but I cannot seem to apply the extension to our account. Please advise?

Best regards,
    Adrian

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Adrian

There should be no such white text issue with our latest version of theme that is 7.1.1, regarding your support extension, I am reaching out to you on the email registered with this account so please check your email and get back to me there.

Thanks

-Ammar

mrtobycook
    Participant

I have this exact problem.

Avada itself is version 5.5.2 on the site. It’s a registered product -it always said that theme updates were automatic. *confused face*

My site has been working fine until very recently. What’s going on?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @mrtobycook

If you are using 5.5.2 version of theme that means you have missed out on a lot of updates, the current version of theme is 7.1.1 so please make sure of two things.

1. That your theme is registered with a valid token.
    2. That you have a default WordPress 2020 theme installed (not active)

Both of these are required for updates to show so you can update the theme.

Thanks

-Ammar

mrtobycook
    Participant

It’s registered, but I’ve looked everywhere and there is no option to update at all – never has been.

I’d post an image here but you can’t upload images

Is there an email I can email with this issue? I’ve looked on the website and it says I can’t create a ticket as I no longer have support. It was working fine – why did it suddenly break? 🙁

67nj
    Participant

Same issue for me, all the text widgets are not edible or visible in the widget page, however I can do some editing in the Appearance > customise option in the page where the widget is.
    I am on WPress 5.6 and Avada 7.1.2 thru a child theme.

ativ
    Participant

Using Inspect in the browser on the white text, I noticed that it’s using white for .js .tmce-active .wp-editor-area { color: #fff;} in the editor CSS under /wp-includes/css/editor.css. Even though the TMC editor was deactivated, the font still appeared white – maybe the .tmce-active may not be working correctly. So I went into the CSS and changed it to #000. This works (probably until the next Avada update).

rachrach
    Participant

Avada is while using it’s visual editor shows white space within editor so we can’t edit anythings, so we need to go to profile deactivate avada visual editor then will be able to edit using default editor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.