Avada Forums Community Forum Adding text on blog page above grid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

I’m making some big changes to a client’s website a couple of years on. They have a blog page which has some intro text, then the blog widget. I’d ideally like this to be the designated blog page in wp settings. Mainly because we need the ‘posts’ in the breadcrumbs to link back here from a blog single page (at the moment it links back to the home page as it’s not been designated).

We’re using a child theme. I’d like to ask if anyone knows what code and in which template I need to add it to/replicate so we can add some text on the blog/posts page above the blog grid. I’ve googled for hours!

Also, does anyone know how to change the word ‘posts’ in the breadcrumbs? My client is using it for Press listings. I’ve tried using category base in permalinks – no joy.

Many thanks in advance…

Miss_Savvy
    Participant

PS – I’ve used extensive CSS with Avada – if anyone wants any help reply to this and I’ll see if I can try e.g. hiding logo section on home page, styling twitter and contact form 7, leveling content boxes, styling footer, page title bar etc. I’m happy to share code if I can help anyone who needs it if I can…

bagpiper
    Participant

Have you been able to modify this without changing the code in the back end? I’d also like to change it to “Blog” instead of “Posts” for the breadcrumb to make more sense.

Thanks,

Marty

tech4life
    Participant

Has anyone figured out how to add text above the blog grid on “Posts Page”??

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @Tech4life

This can not be done on auto generated or category pages, however you can create a personal blog page using our blog element and can place the text anywhere you want while doing that.

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.