Avada Forums Community Forum A “Gallery of Galleries”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Im attempting to figure out how to essentially create a gallery of galleries. I know how to use the Avada gallery builder to import photos into a gallery (say on a post for a story, or a random page), but I am a sports web site and have thousands of photos from various sporting events and I want to create a gallery of each event which is then thumbnailed and listed on a searchable/sortable main gallery landing page which contains all the assorted event galleries. I need a repository.

The Avada Portfolio tool can sort of do this a little bit, but you are limited to 4 photos in the portfolio and its not really for showcasing photos and events but projects and sales. Nevertheless its essentially set up in the manner I want my galleries set up:

You’d go to the “Galleries” page of my web site and at the top is the search/sort toolbar with my categories like football, mens basketball, womens soccer, etc. Below that is perhaps a grid box listing of all of those particular galleries such as “Mens Basketball vs Duke on 11-19-2017” and “Womens Soccer vs Texas on 09-05-2015”. Infinite scroll or pagination would work. I probably have hundreds of “gallery sets” like this I need to import and display in one tidy area.

Im sure there’s a way to do it I just havent figured it out. Id rather not use a 3rd party gallery plugin unless absolutely necessary.

In a perfect world every time I create a new gallery anywhere in WordPress/Avada, a new gallery gets created/indexed in that gallery page area. So even when I write a new post about a basketball game and create a new gallery on the post for game photos, it also indexes/thumbnails that gallery on the main web site gallery page so I dont have to manually create it there too.

The reason for all of this is when I post photos in post for game articles and other stories, those photos tend to get “lost on the web site” over time. A lot of people want to go straight to the media goodies and just browse photos of their favorite subject matter and players or games, etc.

Thanks.

udpride
    Participant

Nobody with any suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.