Avada Forums Community Forum 6.2 update broke Grid layout for main page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My site’s main page utilizes a 3-column Grid layout for posts. With the 6.2 update, an unexpected, blank column appeared to the right as if Avada was configured to display 4 columns.

Today, I finally figured out the issue, but need help with figuring out the solution. Site is currently on Avada 6.2.1 and WP 5.3.2.

Avada Theme Options > Sidebars > Blog Posts > Force Global Sidebars for Blog Posts
    – With setting = On, the mysterious, 4th column appears on the main page (3 columns of posts + a blank sidebar). Individual blog posts do include the sidebar on the right (as intended)
    – With setting = Off, the main page displays 3 columns correctly, but every individual blog post now no longer has a sidebar shown on the right.

Theme has these additional settings:
    – Global Blog Post Sidebar 1: Blog Sidebar
    – Sidebar 2: None
    – Global Blog Sidebar Position: Right

Any idea on how I can:
    – Have a sidebar shown on blog posts by Default, but none on the main page?
    – Have a sidebar shown on blog posts by Default AND on the main page?

Thank you!

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

We are not quite sure if by main page, do you mean the blog page.
    Can I please suggest that you update to the latest version of Avada(6.2.1 – As there are a few fixes for the sidebar)
    If you still have the issue showing then I can suggest doing a plugin check post backing up the site

Note that the Avada community forum is primarily for a user to user interaction.

If you would like hands-on assistance here, please register for support and create a support ticket as explained here → https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/getting-started/avada-theme-support

Thank you!

Shaminder

hksscom
    Participant

Hi Shaminder,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the main page is the blog page that people land on when they visit the site (such as your own https://theme-fusion.com/blog).

I do have the latest 6.2.1 update as indicated in my original post.

I understand that this forum is only for user-to-user interaction, and as for opening a case, my support has expired a month before I finally had a chance to implement Avada to my site. Thank you though for any guidance you can provide.

The active plugins are as shown below:

Akismet Anti-Spam
    Version 4.1.3 | By Automattic

Avatar Manager for WordPress is a sweet and simple plugin for storing avatars locally and more. Easily.
    Version 1.6.1 | By Cătălin Dogaru

Duplicate Post
    Clone posts and pages.
    Version 3.2.4 | By Enrico Battocchi | Documentation | Donate

Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator
    Create and install your favicon for all platforms: PC/Mac of course, but also iPhone/iPad, Android devices, Windows 8 tablets, etc.
    Version 1.3.17 | By Philippe Bernard

Fusion Builder
    ThemeFusion Page Builder Plugin
    Version 2.2.1 | By ThemeFusion | Visit plugin site

Fusion Core
    ThemeFusion Core Plugin for ThemeFusion Themes
    Version 4.2.1 | By ThemeFusion | Visit plugin site

Login or Logout Menu Item
    Adds a new Menu item which dynamically changes from login to logout depending on the current users logged in status.
    Version 1.2.0 | By cartpauj

LoginPress – Customizing the WordPress Login
    LoginPress is the best wp-login Login Page Customizer plugin by WPBrigade which allows you to completely change the layout of login, register and forgot password forms.
    Version 1.4.2 | By WPBrigade | Vote! |

Nextend Social Login
    Nextend Social Login displays social login buttons for Facebook, Google and Twitter.
    Version 3.0.20 | By Nextendweb

Registrations for The Events Calendar
    Collect and manage event registrations with a customizable form and email template. This plugin requires The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe to work.
    Version 2.4.6 | By Roundup WP | Setup Instructions | Buy Pro

Smush
    Reduce image file sizes, improve performance and boost your SEO using the free WPMU DEV WordPress Smush API.
    Version 3.4.2 | By WPMU DEV

SyntaxHighlighter Evolved
    Easily post syntax-highlighted code to your site without having to modify the code at all. Uses Alex Gorbatchev’s SyntaxHighlighter. Includes a new editor block.
    Version 3.5.2 | By Alex Mills (Viper007Bond)

TablePress
    Embed beautiful and feature-rich tables into your posts and pages, without having to write code.
    Version 1.10 | By Tobias Bäthge | FAQ | Documentation | Support | Donate

The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar is a carefully crafted, extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events. Beautiful. Solid. Awesome.
    Version 5.0.2 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | Support | View All Add-Ons

UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore
    Backup and restore: take backups locally, or backup to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, (S)FTP, WebDAV & email, on automatic schedules.
    Version 1.16.22 | By UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson

User Login History
    Helps you to know your website’s visitors by tracking their login related information like login/logout time, country, browser and many more.
    Version 1.7.3 | By Er Faiyaz Alam

User Role Editor
    Change/add/delete WordPress user roles and capabilities.
    Version 4.53 | By Vladimir Garagulya | Changelog

Wordfence Security
    Wordfence Security – Anti-virus, Firewall and Malware Scan
    Version 7.4.6 | By Wordfence

WP Product Review Lite
    The highest rated and most complete review plugin, now with rich snippets support. Easily turn your basic posts into in-depth reviews.
    Version 3.7.3 | By ThemeIsle

WP-Sweep

fusedmarketing
    Participant

Sorry I did not mean to post a reply here…

hksscom
    Participant

No worries 🙂 Replied to your other post

hksscom
    Participant

I figured out how to resolve the inconsistent sidebar issue, though I’m still unable to properly put a sidebar onto the main landing page. Here’s what I discovered:

ISSUE:
    – Main Landing Page, after Avada 6.2 upgrade, added a blank Sidebar column (not as intended)
    — Prior to the update, the landing page did NOT have a sidebar (no matter which view you selected: Grid, Medium, etc)
    – Every blog post had Sidebar 1 on the right (as intended). This was possible because I had turned on “Force Global Sidebar” in the Avada Options in the past

FIX:
    – Turned off “Force Global Sidebar” in the Avada Options
    — This removed the blank Sidebar column from the main landing page (looking how it used to before v6.2)
    – This, however, also removed the Sidebar from all single blog posts

After some digging, I found that all my single blog posts had their Sidebars set to NONE (Fusion Page Options > Sidebars). I was not aware of this, and think that this likely was the result of having imported the content from another blog I used to operate (with a different theme).

Changing each blog post’s Sidebar setting to “Default (Blog Sidebar)” restored the sidebar.

End result, Main Landing page displays correctly in Grid view (without any sidebar), and each individual blog post has its Sidebar. Thus, the problem was not with the Avada theme, but rather how the posts were configured. This explains why I had to “Force Global Sidebar” in the past to display sidebars for posts.

REMAINING ISSUE:
    The only issue remaining then is that the Main Landing Page cannot be easily configured to display a specific/any sidebar.

Hope this helps others who may have run into the same issue.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @hksscom

We have recently released our updated version 6.2.2 and I suggest you to please update to that, if you are still unable to assign a sidebar to your main landing page after that, please let us know 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

DarkAllMan
    Participant

Update 6.2.2 broke my sidebar positions again!

hksscom
    Participant

@Ammar. S

I update all my plugins and themes right away and am on 6.2.2 🙂 I still don’t know how to assign a sidebar to the main landing page and gave up. Thank you though!

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @hksscom

Have you set your main page as a static page already from Settings > Reading Tab?
    Are you able to access the page from backend and see its Fusion Options tab?

Thanks

hksscom
    Participant

@Ammar Oh, you have to set it as Static? Is there a way to add the Sidebar when your main landing page is set to “Your latest posts” like with other themes?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.