Avada includes 5 areas of the theme that are widget ready, which means they can display widget sections. Two of these areas are the footer and sliding bar. These areas already have pre-made widget sections for you to add widgets in. The other 3 sections are sidebars, the mega menu, and the fusion builder widget element. These areas do not have pre-made widget sections and can take any pre-made or custom widget section you create.
Pre-Made vs Custom Widget Section
Pre-Made Widget Section – Pre-made widget section are readily created widget sections for certain areas of the theme. Therefore, you don’t need to create a widget section for them, you can simply add widgets to the pre-made widget sections directly. The footer columns and sliding bar columns both have pre-made widget sections based on the number of columns you choose to display. You can set how many columns to display for the footer in the Avada > Theme Options > Footer panel, and in the Avada > Theme Options > Sliding Bar panel for sliding bar.
Custom Widget Section – Custom widget sections are widget sections you can create yourself in the Appearance > Widgets tab on your WordPress admin panel. These custom widget sections can be assigned to sidebars, mega menu columns and the fusion builder widget element. In addition, sidebars, mega menu columns and the fusion builder widget element areas can also take pre-made widget sections if you wish.
The 5 Widget Ready Areas in Avada
- Footer Columns – Footer columns have pre-made widget sections based on the number of footer columns you choose in the Avada > Theme Options > Footer panel. See our Adding Footer Widgets article for more information.
- Sliding Bar Columns – Sliding bar columns have pre-made widget sections based on the number of sliding bar columns you choose in the Avada > Theme Options > Sliding Bar panel. See our Setting Up The Sliding Bar article for more information.
- Sidebars – You can assign widget sections to both single and dual sidebars. See our Assigning Sidebars article for more information.
- Mega Menu Columns – You can assign widget sections to mega menu columns. See our Using The Mega Menu article for more information.
- Fusion Builder Widget Area Element – You can assign any widget section to any page or post using the Fusion Builder Widget Area element. Simply add the element to your page, then select the widget section you wish to display from the dropdown menu. See our Widget Area Shortcode article for more information.