If your site is not running as fast as you’d like, there could be a few different issues. Our main live demo is a representation of how fast your site should be because it’s our largest and most resource intensive demo. To test this, go to GTMetrix.com and insert our home page url of https://avada.theme-fusion.com into the main field to test the live score of Avada. Your own results will vary depending on the items below. This post will outline the common issues that can sow down your site.
1. Plugins – When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be. If you are experiencing a slow site, please disable all the plugins except for the ones that we include with our theme. Disable the extra plugins, then clear your browser cache and see if it speeds it up. Most likely it will, then you can reenable the plugins one by one and check the site speed each time to try and find out if its one specific plugin. Unfortunately there are plugins out there that can slow down your site, if you happen to find one please contact the plugin developer and report it to them.
2. Images / Content – It is very critical that your images be optimized for the web. Having a large image or several of them can drastically slow down your site speed. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. For example, if you have an image that needs to be a featured blog image that will have a sidebar, then the image area is only about 670px wide. Make sure your image is not larger than 670px. We also recommend using an image editing tool like Photoshop to “Save For Web” to optimize images and reduce the overall file size.
A great tool to cpmress jpegs and png files is Compressor.io, it allows you to easily upload a file and then will auto compress it for you.
3. Server / Hosting – Sometimes slow speed can be a result of your hosting service. Some hosting services used shared hosting which can have an effect on speed. This is a very broad topic but the general idea is that some hosts are better than others. If you have checked the above two items and the site is still slow, the most likely it is a server/hosting issue. Contact your host and discuss it with them.
4. Disable Features You Are Not Using In Theme Options – We include several options to disable features in theme options. On the “Extras” tab are several options to toggle on/off, if you are not using some then disable them to reduce loading times.
5. Use A Cache Plugin Like W3TC – A cache plugin is necessary for a premium theme,your speed will certainly increase when you use one. We recommend using W3TC becasue we feel it is the best one out there. Please click the button below for details on using W3TC with Avada.Click Here To Learn About W3TC & Avada