You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress, or via FTP. The Avada.zip file is the Installable WordPress Theme and what you need to use to get the theme installed. There are two ways to install Avada, via WordPress or via FTP. Click here for the WordPress method video tutorial, and here for the FTP method video tutorial. But first, you need to download the Avada files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your downloads tab on ThemeForest and find Avada. Click the download button to see the two options; The Main Files and the Installable WordPress Theme. See below.
Downloading The Main Files Gives You All The Content Listed Below
- Avada Theme Folder – Contains the Avada.zip and Avada-Child-Theme.zip WordPress Theme. The child theme is only for users who make code changes.
- Extras Folder – Contains the developer documentation for Layer Slider & Revolution Slider. These are not ours, but the plugin developers’ documentations.
- Language Folder – This contains all the language files that are fully or partially translated.
- PSD Folder – This contains all the layered PSD files for those developers or designers who want to customize the design further.
Downloading The Installable WordPress Theme Gives You The Avada.zip File Only
- Avada.zip – This is the parent WordPress Theme, install this via WordPress. If you install it via FTP then unzip it first, then use the extracted folder.