ThemeFusion Does Not Provide Support Here. This Community Forum Is For User To User Interactions Only. For ThemeFusion Support Please Fill Out A New Ticket Here.

WPML flags

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Developers 2 years, 10 months ago.

In Progress
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I want to put my WPML flags next to the social Icon.  Please advise on how I can do that?

http://maltabluelagoon.com/comino-island/

Regards Jonathan

Mel
    Blocked

Hey there,

could you look through the forum for info about that please? http://theme-fusion.com/?post_type%5B%5D=topic&post_type%5B%5D=reply&s=WPML
    Cheers!

TRITON

I read the post.

For now you can place the PHP in the framework/headers/header-v4.php file as stated above.

For someone with no clue what this means can you explain in layman's terms please :)

Thanks

TRITON

I have had a reply back from WPML forums which suggests to do the following

1) Add this http://pastebin.com/7fDHyZrJ to your "functions.php" file of your active theme.

Then, this might not be 100% easy..

2) Find the theme file responsible for the social icons – a good start to search is file "header.php"

Once found…

3) Add this into the PHP-Code: <?php language_selector_flags(); ?>

4) We should see a horizontal flag only switcher

Let me know if this is clear enough to follow or if I should provide you with more details.

but im having problems still…  how do i paste into the function.php file through filezilla I only see a page with function.php which i cant access.

And through wp/appearance/editor ( screenshot 2) do I just post it in here.  If so does it matter where?

Again I have no idea of ccs etc so please explain exactly. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    TRITON

screen shop with filezilla

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mel
    Blocked

I'm so sorry but we cannot modify the theme files for you. This is really a standard coding question which should be asked in a dedicated coding help forum or accomplished by hiring a developer of your trust.

The theme support only handles theme related support, bugs, troubleshooting of that sort.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers

TRITON

The post you told me to look at had the following reply from the developer :

We are planning on making the header sections “widgets” so users can place different elements into them, such as a language dropdown. That will come in a future release.For now you can place it in the framework/headers/header-v4.php file as stated above.

This seems a little more helpful than the advise I am getting right now.  WPML have also been very helpful in providing me with the code I need.  All I really need from the Avada team is to know is EXACTLY where to post it!!!

The tutorials on Avada theme have been  excellent for a beginner like me and so far I have been more than happy with the product, but it appears as if other forums are willing to help out just a little more.  When looking for hours for a theme my first priority was the WPML  On theme forest there was no way to tell that I wouldn't be able to put the flags in the top.  On theme forest it said the theme was 100% compatible – which to an affect it is but in reality on a website that is going to be multilingual it is quite important that the flags are visible at the top of the page.

Regards Jonathan

TRITON

I have a question reagrding Ubermenu which has been tried and tested with this theme.  Their website claims the Menu is fully widgetized with unlimited widget areas! I am guessing that this might be able to resolve my problem of putiing the wpml flags next to the social items without having to hire a developer??

Mel
    Blocked

You are able to put the flags at the top, of course, that's not the point. It's just that we are not able to modify the theme files for you. We'd love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info.

We have not tested the ubermenu widgets, I cannot imagine that this is what you need, but feel free to try that tho.

Thank you!

TRITON

I want to add some code to the header just after the social icons, if I go to wp/appearance/editor do I go to header. I am currently using header v3. What are the lines of the social icons so I can paste my code after it please. Thanks Jon

ThemeFusion AUTHOR
    1 day ago Flag

Hi Jon!

Sure we can assist with this, p,ease post it up on our support forum so our developer can answer that for you.

This is what I got told in the theme forest forum

Developers
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi Jon,

Where have you tried to place it?

And are you accessing the headerv4 file on you server in the framework/headers/header-v4.php location?

the social icons start at the top of the file then end on line 196 with the

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
This thread is closed and only here for archive reading. There is a community forum for user to user interaction. ThemeFusion does not provide support here. If you need support from ThemeFusion, open a ticket using our new ticket system.