ThemeFusion Does Not Provide Support Here. This Community Forum Is For User To User Interactions Only. For ThemeFusion Support Please Fill Out A New Ticket Here.

Title/description/featured image to Facebook

Home Forums Closed: Avada Support Archive Title/description/featured image to Facebook

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Teague 2 years, 6 months ago.

In Progress
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

When I share my avada-themed website url to Facebook, it brings up information about my hosting account in the title and description and does not provide a featured image. Can you please help me figure out how I can set the page title/description/featured image as the information fetched by Facebook?

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey!

This depends on how you are doing this. Do you just write your url to your facebook status field? Then you can disable the content in your screenshot by just hitting the x in the upper right corner and put any content in the textfield, as well as an image.

If you have problems with the facebook share button, we would need your wp login data in private message to investiagte on it.

Hope that helps!

Mark

joinfof

It only seems to occur when I copy and paste the homepage url (http://fairytalemusikfest.com) to Facebook.

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Looks like there is some content inserted from your hoster somewhere, you would need to take out. But still, what appears there is just a proposal and you can simply click th x to close it and use your own text and picture.

joinfof

I'm aware of that capability, but ideally I'd like it to fetch the homepage title, featured image, and excerpt/description by default. Can you help me do this?

John Teague

I am not certain how you would do that. Can you edit the text in the box with the close X?

joinfof

Like I said, I'm aware of the ability to do it that way. My client wants to be able to share the homepage url and not have to edit that information.

John Teague

I am unaware of a solution that will achieve that.

joinfof

Where is the content inserted by my host provider? If you tell me that, I should be able to go into that file and edit it, correct?

John Teague

Well, if you can provide a link and login in a message marked private we can go in and take a look at this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
This thread is closed and only here for archive reading. There is a community forum for user to user interaction. ThemeFusion does not provide support here. If you need support from ThemeFusion, open a ticket using our new ticket system.