"related project" transaltion issue

Home Forums Avada Community Forum "related project" transaltion issue

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mel 1 year, 9 months ago.

Resolved
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I changed the "related prodject" to "related products" by modifying the page. Just wondering how could I translate it into different languages? Same question for "Project description, caterogries, details".Currently I have four languages for my website:Chinese, english, french, german.

Thanks in advance,C

Mel
    Blocked

I'm not sure if the translation can catch theme options – I'll ask the developers about it.
    Cheers!

Developers
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Well for multi-lingual sites you would need to use the WPMl plugin. But let me ask Muhammad about the theme options translating.

Muhammad see above, can you reply please?

BTW … would you be interested in sharing your Chinese translation to our community? We have 9 languages included with the theme that were all submitted by users, but Chinese is one we are missing. If you are willing to share it with us that would be fantastic :)

MHaris
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

This is a problem that we will try solving within the next version of theme. It will require more work as we made the mistake of adding it as a theme option and not a translatable static text.

cynthiarmed

Hi, i am not sure which chinese translation you meant? I would be happy to know if I could help.

Thanks,C

cynthiarmed

OK, look forward to your update and hope it comes soon!

Developers
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Hi Cynthia :)

You mentioned in your first message that your website is in 4 languages, one of which is Chinese. Do you have the .mo and .po Chinese language files? If so, feel free to share them with the community and we will include them in our next update for users who need them :)

And we're going to figure out the best way to address the portfolio fields in theme options. They were placed there so users can easily change the fields to whatever they want, but for multi-sites we may need to move them out of there and make it normal translatable text.

Thanks!

cynthiarmed

Hi, yes my site is in chinese also. But I am not so familiar wth these kind of files. I just installed the wpml after wordpress was set, and then i selected the four languages…So if you could tell me excatly what files  you are looking for, i may be of help. I searched a bit in my website folder, only could find some wpml files with .mo and .po related to chinese….

Mel
    Blocked

yes please attach the .po and .mo files :) Thank you!

Developers
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Yes those are the ones! The .mo and .po Chinese files, those would be what we need if you wouldn't mind.

And we're working diligently on the new update, its going to be even more integrated with WPML and will have the portfolio field options adjusted as well.

Thanks again!

cynthiarmed

Sooooorrrrry,I think i might misunderstand you guys…Now I think I know what you guys are looking for! I will translate the files and

cynthiarmed
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mel
    Blocked

Thank you so much! I will forward this to the developers. You're awesome :)

Please find our documentation section about the translation, it will explain step by step what you need to do to apply it.

Developers
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Hi Cynthia!

Wow you're awesome, thank you! Yes check out the translation section of the docs, it seems all you need to do is make sure the new .mo and .po files are in the language folder located at "avada > languages" and then change your wp-config.php file with the correct language prefix.

Thanks!

cynthiarmed

My pleasure. Thank you guys for helping out as well. Just i am too busy these days, when I have time I could do the simplified chinese as well. But let's see when I have it…

Mel
    Blocked

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Just posting this up in a regular message for anyone else who wants the Chinese language files. Thank you to Cynthia!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mel
    Blocked

Awesome :) Cheers

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
This ticket is now closed. If the issue persists, please open a ticket using our new ticket system.