Recent Works Cat_ID Problem

Home Forums Avada Community Forum Recent Works Cat_ID Problem

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 1 year, 11 months ago.

In Progress
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I went from ThemeForest Comment because my problem with the shortcode below persists.
    [recent_works cat_id=""][/recent_works]
    I inserted the code with cat_id=”slug name of category”, but it is showing all categories and not only the specific I need.

Please, visit the live preview and take a look: http://www.perspic.com.br/comunicacao-interna/

The cat_id I want to show is "portfolio-comunicacao-interna". Reply this and I will do a second as a private with user and password access.

Thank you.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Please provide us your username.password so we can check this out.

Thanks!

robertocardoso
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

My account is not a full admin so I cant see, but which version of Avada are you using?

The new recent work shortcode that allows custom categories only works with Avada 2.0 and higher. You would need to update the theme if you are using an older version than that.

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR THEME

IMPORTANT UPDATE INFORMATION

robertocardoso

I tried to do that and my page layout got messy. I turned back to the older version and all my Layer Sliders dissapeared. Now I am trying to set up again all layers and I want to know where I can get the resposiveness codes on sublayers <div>.

The link to the video in Avada live demo is broken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqluV6LN4Iw.

Are you kidding me?

Thank you!

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

The udpate should not cause layout issues, but we have an entirely new theme options panel and those options need to be selected. There is no way around that.

But none of your content will be lost.

What link are you using from the avada demo? What page is it on?

All our videos are here on the forum, or on our youtube channel or in our docs.

http://theme-fusion.com/avada-video-tutorials/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThemeFusionVideos/videos

Are you referring to the link about the layer slider video? If so that is not our video, that comes from the author of the video and if its not working then they simply took it down.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Yes the link that was not working is their video link, not ours. We were simply linking to their video. When they updated the plugin, they chanfged the video so the link changed. I just updated the link. But that is their video.

If you wish to watch our videos, use the links I gave in the last post.

robertocardoso

Thank you for yout attention! I appreciate it.

I have to admit that the theme update did not get easier to user. Now I am going to puzzle my head to do this.

Avada have (or had) a automatically update theme puglin by WooThemes. There is the main reason I purchased Avada. I dont know what happened with it because now I need to do it manually.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

All our plugins are integrated into the theme now, which is a requirement of TF and is much easier for everyone. The old Woo plugin message you got for auto updates did not work, it was just a message.

All plugins will be auto installed when you update the theme. They are integrated and no longer needed to be individually installed or updated, its a much better situation all around for everyone. Plus TF, now requires it if it can be done, and the plugins we use are able to be integrated so we have to.

Make sure to read the READ ME FIRST file you get with the new update for the important update info.

If you run into troubles, please post the specifics about the issue in a thread and we will check,

Thanks

robertocardoso

I updated the theme and now everything is OK.

So, I need to translate some fields in Contact Form and also some native texts in Portfolio Pages such as "Related Projects". Where Can I do this?

Thank you.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Support Reply

Awesome. You can translate those items in "contact.php" and "single avada portfolio.php"

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
This ticket is now closed. If the issue persists, please open a ticket using our new ticket system.