ThemeFusion Does Not Provide Support Here. This Community Forum Is For User To User Interactions Only. For ThemeFusion Support Please Fill Out A New Ticket Here.

Help Integrating WooCommerce

Home Forums Closed: Avada Support Archive Help Integrating WooCommerce

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mel 2 years, 8 months ago.

Resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Im looking for a little guided help on the best way to integrate WooCommerce into the Avada theme.

Upon activating WooCommerce with Avada installed you get this message when logged in to admin>

Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support – if you encounter layout issues please read our integration guide or choose a WooCommerce theme :)
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

What is the best way to accomplish this with Avada using a child theme?

Also is it possible to somehow get Avada to recognize a 'product' as a post or possibly 'product-category' as a portfolio – in order to use the Avada widgets to displa them?

Thanks in Advance

paulakg4

(the site is jindienails.bitnamiapp.com – and im really just posting this to subscribe to replies :) )

Mel
    Blocked

You can disregard that message :) Cheers

paulakg4

Hi Mel-

specifically the issue Im struggling with is integrating woocommerces 'product' post-type, and 'product-category' along with thosethat avada uses.

For instance the flexslider and recent works only allows me to choose from categories created by Avada-
    How can I resolve this?

Thanks for the help (love the theme – just need to figure it all out)

Mel
    Blocked

Phew I'm afraid that sounds like it goes beyond the scope of free support. But I will ask the developers about that. Cheers

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi There :)

The good news is we are planning on fully testing Woocommece and setting up any necessary changes during that time. We just have not got there yet.

I know several of our users already use Woo and have setup product pages. I'm not sure how though as we have not done it yet.

Can you post back your admin info so I can take a quick look? Make sure to "set as private reply".

Thanks!

hantaah

what's the outcome of this thread? If you are testing with woo commerce is there a time frame on when it will be done?

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi :)

I just sent a reply to the original OP and asked for his login info. I'd like to check it out and see.

We're going to have the test done soon but I cant say when exactly. When we do we will setup a shop demo for it.

Many of our users already use it without issue so it has not been high on our list since it already works. I've seen several sites using it with product pages so there's a way to do it now. I'm going to check out the oringal posters admin area and reply back. I posted that about 1 hour ago so lets give him time to reply.

I would suggest installing it and start using it if you have not already. If you have issues with it, post them up in a thread.

Thanks!

paulakg4
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mel
    Blocked

Thank you! The developers will get back to you soon!

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey :)

Well right now the plugin is working as it should, you have a store page setup and any product you have created is added to that. that is all being done via woocmmerce plugin.

As far as Avada portfolio posts, those are separate and will only work with Avada portfolio, they cant be mixed in with woo commerce products. But woo offers everythign you need and allows you to create categories.

The shortcodes like "recent works" are only setup to work with our portfolio so they wont be able to display woo products. That might be something we can add, or better yet maybe we can add a new shortcode that will display your woo products only. That is something we can try to do in a future update.

The message you get when activating the plugin can be ignored, its simply a notification that states our theme does not declare compatibility. And thatonly happens because we have not tested it ourselves yet, but Woo works with Avada without issues.

Hope this helps!

paulakg4

Ok- understood – and appreciate you  looking at it for me.

I do have one more question, in regards to using Avadas functions.php page with a child theme. Any time you try to add anyhthing to the functions.php page you either get a white screen of death or you get the code printed as text across your header.

Is this something that is not supported or is there a special escape sequence I need to use?

(Feel free to test this on my server-  I have a recent backup.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Regarding Woo … we will certainly add some tricks/features once we do a full test, god stuff is always coming :)

In regards to child theme question, I'll need to defer to Muhammad for this.

Muhammad, see the above post and reply please :)

MHaris
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

We include functions.php by default with a child theme and I tried to add some code to it for testing and it seems to be working fine. What are you trying to add to it exactly?

paulakg4

In regards to the functions.php – it looks like I had a few spaces after the php tags that was causing the problem.

paulakg4

In regards to integrating woocommerce and avada-

If I generate a set of of Attributes in woocommerce and then view that page>

http://jindienails.bitnamiapp.com/collection/spring-chic-collection

It lists the products in a way that is obviously combatible with Avada.

Whereas the standard 'store' based pages dont seem to take on any Avada styling>

http://jindienails.bitnamiapp.com/product-category/spring-chic-collection

Specifically what I want to do is show the woocommerce attributes (taxonomy=pa_collection&post_type=product) page in the same styling as the 4 column portfolio.

in woocommerce.php there is a function:
    /**
    * When the_post is called, get product data too.co
    * @access public
    * @param mixed $post
    * @return WC_Product
    */
    public function setup_product_data( $post ) {
    if ( is_int( $post ) ) $post = get_post( $post );
    if ( $post->post_type !== 'product' ) return;
    unset( $GLOBALS['product'] );
    $GLOBALS['product'] = get_product( $post );
    return $GLOBALS['product'];
    }

would it be possible to do something similar to this for the portfolio page- subbing out the portfolio slugs for the product slugs?

Mel
    Blocked

Hi!

We’d love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. The feature you are asking is not a part of the current theme so we'd have to customize that for you specifically. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info. You could also add this request to the Avada Features Request forum thread or hire a developer for a quicker turnaround.

Cheers!

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey :)

Yes what you are asking for is possible, and we are going to certainly setup avada styles with woocommerce once we do a full test and setup a shop demo.

Im not exactly sure what we will do about the shop page, if we will setup it up like Avada portfolio, or make an entirely new design for it. But we will certainly add more to it than the basic setup which is what you have now.

Its on our list for Avada 3.1, which will be the next update after the new one coming in 1-2 weeks.

paulakg4

I actually managed to mostly get it working with a 2 and a 4 column portfolio view>

http://jindienails.bitnamiapp.com/?page_id=4344

http://jindienails.bitnamiapp.com/?pa_collection=matte-velvet-polishes

Basically just swapped out the call on line 31 of portfolio-two-column-text.php:
    <?php
    $portfolio_category = get_terms('product_cat');
    if($portfolio_category):
    ?>
    and then maybe one or two other calls – if you want my templates let me know but what I did was pretty simple. I'll be playing with it a little more today, see what further tweaking it needs.

paulakg4

the other two edits from that file were lines 55-70 :

$args = array(
    'post_type' => 'product',
    'paged' => $paged,
    'posts_per_page' => $data['portfolio_items'],
    );
    $pcats = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'pyre_portfolio_category', true);
    if($pcats && $pcats[0] == 0) {
    unset($pcats[0]);
    }
    if($pcats){
    $args['tax_query'][] = array(
    'taxonomy' => 'product_cat',
    'field' => 'ID',
    'terms' => $pcats
    );
    }

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Awesome! I'll make a note of this thread and we will check out these edits on our test sites.

Thanks!

paulakg4
    Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Fantastic! Love the pics of nails too, gotta show my wife :)

paulakg4

Yeah its a buddy of mines wife that runs it- she's done surprisingly well with it- started out on Etsy, these girls go crazy over this stuff.

Tell your wife to check her out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/JindieNails

Her current shop is active here> http://jindienails.com/

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Yeah my wife loves Etsy, I've just emailed her these links :)

Thanks!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
This thread is closed and only here for archive reading. There is a community forum for user to user interaction. ThemeFusion does not provide support here. If you need support from ThemeFusion, open a ticket using our new ticket system.