ThemeFusion Does Not Provide Support Here. This Community Forum Is For User To User Interactions Only. For ThemeFusion Support Please Fill Out A New Ticket Here.

blog shortcode 2.1.2 ready

Home Forums Closed: Avada Support Archive blog shortcode 2.1.2 ready

This topic contains 101 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 2 years, 7 months ago.

In Progress
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I too have an issue with the shortcode in that it doesn't display the finder-ico.png
    link-ico.png on the hover.

I posted about this here

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi Dorys!

You find attached the new version. I tested it for medium and large blog. On my installation everything works. Please let me know if it works for you now.

@dannyjak please try with the new version. I have not detected this error on my testsite.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey dannyjak!

I found out why this happens on your site. This is because you use the shortcode on your home page. It seems there is a paging error since wordpress 3.1 on the home page. I now included a fix to this bug in the shortcode. You find version 1.5.2 below.

Have fun!

Attachments:
    dorys

I replaced my files with the last version 6… and still no icons. It only says Permalink and Gallery. I even cleared the cache.

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Can you give ne a link to your site? I'll check if there is any other problem.

dorys
    maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

This is not a problem of the blog shortcode! You just use an old version of the all.css. I think you use Avada 2.1.0. As the topic of the thread indicates the versions of my shortcode here are for Avada 2.1.2. So if you want to use one of those please update your Avada installation. Otherwise you just have to look to the older thread regarding the blog shortcode and download version 2 or 3.

I hope that clears up the problem.

dorys

Thank you. I've tried all versions and none seem to work. I have no choice but to upgrade the theme.

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Versionen 1 and 2 certainly work with the old Avada version. But an upgrade would be the better alternative, because it is then more flexible.

Let me know if you have issues after the upgrade.

dannyjak

hi maximusmedia

I am using drop caps in my blog posts, which ends up cutting the first letter off in the post listing on my home page

are you able to update your plugin to cater for the [dropcap] tag.

thanks

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi dannyjak!

This is not a problem of the blog shortcode. this is a problem of the tf_content function of the Avada theme. And maybe this is not really a "problem", maybe the function is intended to do what it does. It just uses the wordpress function strip_shortcodes() on excerpts. And that function cuts out the shortcodes and also the content of them.

If you want to use dropcaps in the posts I guess you will have to use the excerpts neta field in the blog admin view.

If you nevertheless want to have that feature included, I may be able to address it next week.

Regards
    Mark

dannyjak

Hi Mark, thanks for the info

If you could get your plugin to cater that would be absolutely terrific!

Mel
    Blocked

Thanks for all the effort Mark!

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi dannyjak!

You find attached version 1.6 of the blog shortcode. This one will do the job for you. Shortcodes will be cut out of the excerpts but the content will be saved. So dropcap text will be displayed as it should be.

The only thing you have to do is, when you call the shortcode write include_shortcodes=true. If you omit that, it will work like the last version.

Please tell me if it works for you.

Note: This is actually version 1.6 of the shortcode. The number in the filename, before the .zip is generated by the forum software automatically. So please don't mix that up.

@Mel Is there a possibility to contact you privately? Thanks!

Attachments:
    twinklespot

Very very Thanks :)

Mel
    Blocked

I'll gladly hit you up on the gmx address you registered to in the forum, cheers!

dannyjak

Hi Mark, doesnt appear to work as I thought. So I installed the plugin, put the drop cap back into my post

And then included the new tag as below

[ml_blog titles_meta=true include_shortcodes=true posts_per_page=7]

http://watchonado.com.au/

Thanks in advance

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi dannyjak!

Mea culpa, I'm sorry. Since the update that includes the post_per_page functionality there are to argument calls, and I only included the new feature in one of them. I now solved that in version 1.6.1, that you find attached.

Have fun!

@Mel: Thanks I saw your message. I'll contact you tomorrow, ok?

Attachments:
    dannyjak

Works great now, thanks again

Mel
    Blocked

Sure, take your time, my mailbox is always open :) Cheers and thanks for the effort again!

dannyjak

Hi Mark

I am using the shortcode [ml_blog titles_meta=true cat="Technical" include_shortcodes=true posts_per_page=5]

However it returns all blog articles from all categories, not the ones in the "Technical" categeory as I have specified

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again

applemooz

I have included a 'read more' tag in a post and use this short code:

[ml_blog titles_meta=true include_shortcodes=true posts_per_page=7]

But on the page the post is displaying full text.

How can I achieve this 'read more' ?

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey!

@dannyjak: It's category_name=""

@applemooz: You have to change excerpt settings in the avada admin panel, in blog options, to excerpt.

Regards
    Mark

singer777

Is there a way to make the posts reflect the HTML that I put in the post? Right now all my paragraphs run together. I believe the shortcode is simply ignoring HTML.

My code is below. I also am not seeing an excerpt but full text. I tried changing the Blog settings for Avada to Excerpt but if I do that, I see NOTHING on the page at all.

I need to either get HTML working, or, do an excerpt, because a run-together blog post looks bad.

[ml_blog include_shortcodes="true" posts_per_page="5″ excerpt="yes"excerpt_words="20″]

Thank you!

maximus
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hi singer777!

HTML will only be cut out of the excerpts, if you klick the checkbox on the blog section of the theme admin panel.

In order to only get the excerpt you have to select Excerpt from the "Excerpt or Full Blog Content" dropdown on the theme admin panel.

And you are not using the shortcode according to the instructions in this thread. Your call should be [ml_blog include_shortcodes=true posts_per_page="5″]. There is no excerpt or excerpt_words attribute. The number of words is also a setting in the admin panel.

Please tell me if it works after this changes.

Mark

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
This thread is closed and only here for archive reading. There is a community forum for user to user interaction. ThemeFusion does not provide support here. If you need support from ThemeFusion, open a ticket using our new ticket system.